Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Seems to be the 'hot' rumour in Adelaide at the moment. Haven't seen it mentioned as yet on these boards.

Mark Riccuito is the one who first made mention of it. He doesn't come across as someone who would make up sh*t just to stir the pot.

Has anyone else heard this? Apparently his injury is far worse than the club is letting on.

If there is any truth to it - our season just took an almighty hit

I haven't heard anything.

Would be devastating if true, surely if it's season threatening it could lead to worse implications?

What type of injury is it, it's not similar to Hird/Egan/Croad is it??

Plus he was also at training ( light session) yesterday so if he was out all season he wouldn't be training worse case he could be out 4-6 weeks as he would need to keep weight off his foot as much as possible and then need to build up his fitness base , but in saying that he has been training 3/4 of the pre season so he would have a decent fitness base. Just got to hope Lynch is fit to tackle the early part of the season so that if JK does play he will just have to stay in the square.

Where abouts did you hear this??

Was mentioned on radio in Adelaide by Andrew Jarman. I didn't hear it first hand, was told by a mate.

This was also a quote for Roo's column on Betfair:

"If the rumours are true, Josh Kennedy's foot injury will prevent West Coast from challenging for a flag"

Could be nothing more than an exaggeration, but it sounds like it has basis in truth

does anyone still take Andrew Jarman seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well not according to Kim 'The Scoop' Hagdorn's article from a few days ago. Mind you it wouldn't be the first time ol' Kim has been wrong. :rolleyes:

Seriously you know its getting close to Round 1 when BS rumours start flying in every direction. Someone's posted on the injury thread that Shuey is back on crutches. Puleeeeze!

FWIW I think there's obviously an issue with Kennedy that's taking longer to fix than the club hoped/expected. They probably considered doing what the Crows did with Rutten and getting surgery out of the way but decided against it while hoping Kennedy would get better. They (and Kennedy) now find themselves between a rock and a hard place.

Everyone should take a breath. In just 6 days the squad for our first game will be revealed and 3 days after that the final 22 will run down the race. Until then any specualtion is just waving your dick in the wind.

I read the rumour last night , ... Kennedy has the same foot problem as James Hird and expected out for six weeks .

The website is www. aflrumours.com.au , a VIC based footy site that was started by a Saints supporter . Sounds like this site is all about rumours , there is no basis of fact behind any of these rumours and people from all over the country contribute , I think :confused:

Thread title gave me a heart attack until I saw the 'rumour' prefix. Light pink doesn't stand out enough.

Even then, there's a whole thread dedicated to injuries.

Why start another thread when there is only a rumour floating around (in Adelaide of all places)? :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back