Josh Rachele (2024): 4 CBA’s After 5 Rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW the 8 was against the Kangaroos, like a sympathy prize.

This is a coaching FAIL, Rash should be up and around the ball constantly.
Not sure I agree, doesn't hit the contest hard and doesn't yet have fast instinctive disposal in congested situations, that sees get caught htb more than you'd like. He'll get there but has a way to go with his craft to be a regular AFL level mid. Even Gary Ablett Jnr played mainly as a small forward pinch hitting in the midfield for his 1st 5 seasons.

What I would like to see….
Crouch (80% on, 20% bench) starts and changes with with Pedlar (when fit)
Dawson starts and changes with Rankine
Soligo starts and changes with Rachele
Laird in case of emergency break glass for CBA’s .. no need for his handballs to players ankles or to stationary players about to be tackled. Can move back to a small back pocket possibly.

What I would like to see….
Crouch (80% on, 20% bench) starts and changes with with Pedlar (when fit)
Dawson starts and changes with Rankine
Soligo starts and changes with Rachele
Laird in case of emergency break glass for CBA’s .. no need for his handballs to players ankles or to stationary players about to be tackled. Can move back to a small back pocket possibly.
AFL rotations are a lot more complex than school or park footy, where you swap off the ball to the half forward flank for a breather

AFL rotations are a lot more complex than school or park footy, where you swap off the ball to the half forward flank for a breather
You’re hilarious.
It’s a basic rotation. A team will have 6 or so players they’d run through the midfield. Those guys would be my main rotations.
Anyway where can I buy tickets to your show?

It's really not that hard to adjust the mix of midfield v forward time in a game depending on how players & matchups are going.

The premiership teams like the Hawks & Cats did it frequently, including rotating off half back.

Rachele played his best football early last year when he had a significant number of CBA's... yet since then he has had very few. Why when in the club's own words he is as fit as ever?

Take out that was his 2nd year and he kicked 15.5 instead so averaging 20 disposals and nearly 2 goals in the midfield for 8 games isn't at his best......you are a tough marker.
As a mid I think he would be a 27D or better, goal a game player.

Your sample size was 19D, and 1.4G per game. They’re good numbers, but nowhere near where I think his peak should get to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back