Banter JTL 3 Richmond Vs Carlton: Come see our flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll play in here - as good as Rance is - Carlton would have no interest in signing players over a certain age - he is too old for Carlton rebuild - he doesn't fit the age profile - just liek Garry Abl;ett doesn't and a whole bunch of other don't - capiche?

The old players on the Carlton playing AFL starting lineup ( ie 30 +) are Murphy and Simpson - in an emergency an ASOS or Rowe might get a call up in defense from VFL duties. - even then we have 2 kids 20 years of age to come in ahead of them McCreadie and Williamson.

Hope this presents a logic you can understand.
So Carlton traded for a washed up 29 year old Lobbe from Port, but wouldn't recruit the best KPD in the game because he is too old. If you believe that you also believe Carlton will win the flag.

Well of the cuff...I am a bit confused here so help me out

1. Pressure football is not a new thing.
2. A fleet of small fast goal kicking forwards is hardly a Richmond invention or monopoly - please!! FFS where do you think the term mosquitoe army came from and which Club used it to win multiple Premierships? More recently have you heard the term 3 Amigos - you should have, you successfully traded one of them in to your CLub, and Malthou$e successfully let the other two go for nothing...
3. Playing on as much as possible and taking a direct route to the forward 50 through the corridor ?

have I missed anything?

There is also nothing new about champion player going in a bit too hard in a Prelim and being let off to play in GF ...
There is even nothing new in a Club doing years of hard work, building a good list, copping errors along the way but keeping to a plan and eventually getting success...

So for the poor Carlton supporters ( who must know NOTHING about the game - because the Club they support isn't a finals team today ) please expand on what the "significant turning point in the way the game is played" is?
Looks like you've got the whole thing figured out.
Agree with Points 1, 2 and 3.
If Richmond can do it, anybody can do it. Child's play.

Looks like you've got the whole thing figured out.
Agree with Points 1, 2 and 3.
If Richmond can do it, anybody can do it. Child's play.
- that is a poor construction of what I actually said isn't it?

I reckon Jacob would be very happy to have Rance as a mentor. He's only 28.
Just as Rance was very happy for Chaplin to come over to help him out who was also 28 at the time.

Of course Rance would be a great mentor to any defender!

- that isn't the point though - The Club KNOWs it isn't a contender or likely to be for 2-3 years - so there is no point in bringing in older players irrespective of how good they are - until the young group of players has been together for 40-60 games and is pushing into or around finals contention - THAT is when you look at adding the FA type elite player if they are available.

Might sound strange to hear this from a Carlton supporter but again this year - win loss ratio is irrelevant. This year is about learning to move better between the arcs and try and run each way with good sides like Richmond for 4 quarters.

Another way of looking at it is - right now even if Hardwick wanted him out- would be wasting his remaining years at Carlton.

Very stupid

And don't feign innocence, you know exactly what he was implying
Well I want you lot here as a banter thread without the opposition is plain stupid, so I don't know why anyone would say that.
I just don't know what the racist part was. So I will go and feign innocence.

'Spaghead'?
Doesn't that mean like scatter brain (spaghetti for brains).

Or was it
'Carlton'?
I thought we were a little closer related than that.

- that isn't the point though - The Club KNOWs it isn't a contender or likely to be for 2-3 years - so there is no point in bringing in older players irrespective of how good they are - until the young group of players has been together for 40-60 games and is pushing into or around finals contention - THAT is when you look at adding the FA type elite player if they are available.

Might sound strange to hear this from a Carlton supporter but again this year - win loss ratio is irrelevant. This year is about learning to move better between the arcs and try and run each way with good sides like Richmond for 4 quarters.

Another way of looking at it is - right now even if Hardwick wanted him out- would be wasting his remaining years at Carlton.
I agree with you, but I think I'm looking at it from the point of view that the bloke said he wouldn't want Rance on his list. I haven't seen the original quote but I was guessing it was leaving the cost equation out of it.

Surely you know the difference between a pick 95 back up ruckman and an AA defender
Yeah I do and any person saying their club wouldn't recruit them because they are too old at 28 is kidding themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you, but I think I'm looking at it from the point of view that the bloke said he wouldn't want Rance on his list. I haven't seen the original quote but I was guessing it was leaving the cost equation out of it.

haven't seen the quote either - but doubt anyone would be silly enough to suggest it - from an ability perspective no contest.

Well I want you lot here as a banter thread without the opposition is plain stupid, so I don't know why anyone would say that.
I just don't know what the racist part was. So I will go and feign innocence.

'Spaghead'?
Doesn't that mean like scatter brain (spaghetti for brains).

Or was it
'Carlton'?
I thought we were a little closer related than that.

Surely you realise he was implying ethnic background, if that is what he calls banter, it's poor form

IMG_0510.GIF

you aren't trying.
Should Carltons new membership slogan, heard many Carlton fans saying that throughout the second half of seasons in recent years

Surely you realise he was implying ethnic background, if that is what he calls banter, it's poor form
Surely you don't know what I think?
I've never heard the term used racially so why would I realise it? If it was, extremely poor form.

I also can't find any evidence on the internet to suggest otherwise.

All depends on the cost.

Rance has also indicated he would leave the game at the end of 2019, it would be poor list management
In 2 years at Carlton Rance would help fast track Weitering and help Jones take the next step. Granted the cost might have been excessive but to say he isn't wanted because of his age is a poor reason.

tell ya what aggro come over to the Carlton board and I will look after you - as long as you keep your potty mouth under control - now go brush your teeth sonny.
Are you guys allowed to banter on your board.

Last I looked, unless we get on the blooze knobs and sing your praise, every post is deleted.

Sensitive bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back