Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont mind either way on this one, especially as we've won a flag in our standard kit in 2016 - let's see what they decide.

Think they did decide mate.

White looks good, surely Dogs fans have no issue with the away strip?

As for Richmond fans, do you look on the alternate strip with pride now as you've won a flag with it?

Both sides should be allowed to wear their home guernsey with the doggies in white shorts as they finished lower on the table AND they already have white in the guernsey

This contest will be a ripper!

Good luck dogs and good luck dees!

Think they did decide mate.

White looks good, surely Dogs fans have no issue with the away strip?

As for Richmond fans, do you look on the alternate strip with pride now as you've won a flag with it?

Always looked at the yellow jumper with pride - didn't need a premiership to build in the pride. I think it's an excellent strip and a lot of clubs (not all) could go with the reverse colours to meet the AFL's requirements. The whole 2017 debate was a media-hype anyway. Built by Kevin Bartlett to be another 'us vs them' battle of the states that just didn't need to happen. The club via Peggy O'Neill & Brendon Gale handled it perfectly.

It really was a non-issue.

I may be in the minority as from day dot with the clash strips I wanted a reversed jumper (from memory; the Richmond members got some sort of vote or poll on the design via email - I certainly remember voting on it). The stupid yellow panels of the earlier ones I felt was petty and not in the spirit of the whole clash jumper debate.

Always looked at the yellow jumper with pride - didn't need a premiership to build in the pride. I think it's an excellent strip and a lot of clubs (not all) could go with the reverse colours to meet the AFL's requirements. The whole 2017 debate was a media-hype anyway. Built by Kevin Bartlett to be another 'us vs them' battle of the states that just didn't need to happen. The club via Peggy O'Neill & Brendon Gale handled it perfectly.

It really was a non-issue.

I may be in the minority as from day dot with the clash strips I wanted a reversed jumper (from memory; the Richmond members got some sort of vote or poll on the design via email - I certainly remember voting on it). The stupid yellow panels of the earlier ones I felt was petty and not in the spirit of the whole clash jumper debate.

Cheers for the feedback. It's a good looking jumper too.

So I’m pretty sure the saints were the first team to wear a clash strip in a grand final (2010 but I stand to be corrected).

I’m all for teams wearing their clash if it’s needed, dees v dogs it’s not one of those times. Right outcome for me.
West Coast wore what was technically their away strip in 2005, 2006. But yeah, 2010 was the first true clash strip in a GF

It isn't a clash you gosh darn pedants

It’s not a clash but it’s not a contrast either. You would think the league would be aiming for contrast in the biggest game of the year. It’s genuinely been quite a while since we’ve seen such a messy match-up on GF day.

West Coast wore what was technically their away strip in 2005, 2006. But yeah, 2010 was the first true clash strip in a GF

They rarely wore royal blue shorts with the royal blue/gold singlet in the navy era. Only in finals and GF's it seems, or perhaps away against the Swans. Otherwise, it was normally paired with white shorts in away games.

They rarely wore royal blue shorts with the royal blue/gold singlet in the navy era. Only in finals and GF's it seems, or perhaps away against the Swans. Otherwise, it was normally paired with white shorts in away games.

That era they wore royal blue shorts and jumper at home against anyone black or navy.

It’s not a clash but it’s not a contrast either. You would think the league would be aiming for contrast in the biggest game of the year. It’s genuinely been quite a while since we’ve seen such a messy match-up on GF day.
The AFL always seem to make the dumb decision. Royal Blue and Navy Blue do not clash. Surely the Dogs kit looks better with Royal Blue shorts, although if they gave the decision to the dogs I don't mind it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not like there’s not an extremely reasonable alternate option either. South Sydney almost always wear their white side panels / white shorts combo away to darker teams. It’s still ultimately the same kit, and one could argue even more traditional! And yet we have this mess tonight.

I’m not a big rugby fan but are jumper clashes as bigger deal as in footy based on the way they structure themselves on the field?
Generally no, two lines facing each other but in some instances it can be more important. Something like lost ball in the tackle you need to be able to see arms and stuff.

I dont think it impacted the game last night, but its a silly problem to have in this day and age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back