Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs don't normally wear their white kit against teams in black/navy. Looks great against GWS today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to know who told them to wear white instead black.

Could have been full white v full black indigenous jumpers.

Only thing I can think of is maybe Port were told when designing their jumpers that North were going to be in blue, perhaps they were expecting something more like their Good Friday kit? Then once they’d made it they were contractually obliged to wear it?

I daresay the AFL told us to wear white because North were wearing their precious blue shorts.

😂😂😂😂😂

So the AFL 9 months ago when Port ordered their indigenous strips made that call?

Man, you’re just as bad as the Essendon apologist trying to claim the club has no say…

😂😂😂😂😂

So the AFL 9 months ago when Port ordered their indigenous strips made that call?

Man, you’re just as bad as the Essendon apologist trying to claim the club has no say…
The club HAS a black jumper. AFL determines when clubs have to wear clash - so most likely, AFL got it wrong.

😂😂😂😂😂

Mate, we have a black version of the jumper. There is no reason why we couldn't have worn it.

I can guarantee you the AFL made the call.

😂😂😂😂😂

Oh and I almost forgot:

Carlton when they play away to your mob.

You can't tell me the AFL isn't ticking that off.

Mate, we have a black version of the jumper. There is no reason why we couldn't have worn it.

I can guarantee you the AFL made the call.

Because the club had 2 jumpers made and wanted to use both of them…

The AFL don’t tell Port to wear their white jumper to clash with Norths white jumper, like they wouldn’t have told Freo to wear their home jumper against Collingwood at the MCG nor did they tell Geelong to wear home shorts against Collingwood in the final years ago.

AFL has the power to tell clubs what to wear and not to wear, they don’t actually bother to sit down for every game and set a policy, that’s why we get clashes.

Only people trying to deflect blame from their clubs think they do.

Because the club had 2 jumpers made and wanted to use both of them…

The AFL don’t tell Port to wear their white jumper to clash with Norths white jumper, like they wouldn’t have told Freo to wear their home jumper against Collingwood at the MCG nor did they tell Geelong to wear home shorts against Collingwood in the final years ago.

AFL has the power to tell clubs what to wear and not to wear, they don’t actually bother to sit down for every game and set a policy, that’s why we get clashes.

Only people trying to deflect blame from their clubs think they do.

I would be surprised if teams rocked up to match-day without the AFL ticking off the kits for the day. They are the medium between the two clubs. I do agree that it doesn't seem to be handled well though.

There isn't the organisation/initiative within clubs in Australian Sport (apart from the A-League) to differentiate match-day uniforms. A-League do it well because it's ingrained in the sport. It's been a fundamental process for every game in soccer. Of course, the offside rule is an important reason for it. In the USA, their method in several sports is to have one team predominantly in white, and the other coloured.

In contrast, since 1924 (100 years!) the AFL have for used the shorts to differentiate teams with similar coloured uniforms. Even when similar uniforms became a thing to avoid, the sport was 70-odd years into doing it a certain way, and it seems as though it's a bit of flex (particularly amongst the older clubs) not to compromise in this League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back