Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah on a pretty plain jumper I think the number panels are required. One thing I would do is have teal above the number panel. It always annoys me when the back of a team jumper doesn't include all the same colours as the front of the jumper, it throws the balance of the jumper out (see gws as an example with no white on the back).

It's funny because each team has a bit of an identity even from the back of the kit you can basically say "this is x team". That just looks like Carlton to me
I guess it's good that there's chevrons on the other side to distinguish the two 🤪

I do have to admit, the grey away looks nicer with the panel. Just not the home, for mine 🙂

Because white is a major feature of the front of their jumper and one of their 3 team colours, pretty obvious I would have thought.
Point taken, but would rather see them embrace the orange and charcoal more.

Especially the Sydney derby jumper turned into their home jumper and the inverse used clash/away.

I guess it's good that there's chevrons on the other side to distinguish the two 🤪

I do have to admit, the grey away looks nicer with the panel. Just not the home, for mine 🙂
We're talking about the back of the guernsey though and not the front, otherwise i could just say "good thing the Saints have tripanels and Carlton have a C"
StKilda-2021.gif Carlton-2021.gif Port-Home-2021.gif
Both other teams in this context are incredibly bland and hard enough to tell apart. The Saints already have a black with white numbers back, it helps that PA differentiate themselves with a unique design imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree the full charcoal is better, I was referring to the current jumper with the all orange back looks out of balance with the front.

Last edited:
Does anybody else think the design of a lot of the aflw jumpers are better than the afl men's ones? Look at the difference in quality of the Brisbane aflw compared to the men's, 10x better. Others I like better off the top of my head include Fremantle, gold coast, adelaide, western bulldogs (although the dogs 2021 men's jumper was good). I think the shorts definitely look better too with the different colour piping around the bottom.

Does anybody else think the design of a lot of the aflw jumpers are better than the afl men's ones? Look at the difference in quality of the Brisbane aflw compared to the men's, 10x better. Others I like better off the top of my head include Fremantle, gold coast, adelaide, western bulldogs (although the dogs 2021 men's jumper was good). I think the shorts definitely look better too with the different colour piping around the bottom.
Biggest difference is that there is one manufacturer. The Lions one the actually quality is not terrible, but yeah they keep doing some odd design decisions

Yeah the colours are bright

The crows jumper is shocking. Colour balance is all over the shop, front of the jumper is light and the back is dark, random watermarks on just one of the hoops. I reckon if the wasn’t so successful, they would have changed to the proper design already.

The Cotton On shoulder seam cuts off several designs awkwardly. The colour swap on the shoulders for Adelaide and the Dogs diminishes the impact of the general design. GWS I hesitate to even call that a design, whatever it is.

But I do like that they do a bit more with the shorts. The AFL is a bit too bland in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back