Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 55 27.9%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 104 52.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still defending Hinkley.

Six or seven players there I don't trust according to Kane.

Always comes back to the players when Hinkley gets scrutiny.

Meanwhile he tees off on Beveridge like John Daly on a golf ball.

He’s a weak human, throws out a number but won’t name the players.

Agree on the Beveridge part as well, their list was top notch a few years back when they had Dunkley etc but it’s not what it was - the last half dozen of their starting line up drop off dramatically.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still defending Hinkley.

Six or seven players there I don't trust according to Kane.

Always comes back to the players when Hinkley gets scrutiny.

Meanwhile he tees off on Beveridge like John Daly on a golf ball.
He is a despicable human being who spouts absolute garbage 99.99999999999999% of the time.

do u reckon this pile of dog crap got his premiership tattoo re-done? remember how he scrubbed it for no good reason? what a pile of tiger crap

I reckon Hinkley is one of the few remaining connections he has to the club. He's big on JHF, so maybe there's that. But when do you ever hear him talk in a positive fashion about anyone else from his era at the club. He's basically aligned himself with Hinkley and I wonder where his heart would lie once / if Ken eventually moves on. Hodge said he's very careful with his words, and he's not wrong, over the last week he's definitely planted a couple of barely noticeable comments that he can grapple onto if the slow moving turn against Ken does come. He'll just refer back to a couple of them completely ignore his convenient ranking of our list at various times over the last 5 years or so.

Weird thing to have a go at him about, premiership tattoos are tacky as *.

the point is that he removed it with glee and said he'd get it redone. we all knew he'd never get it redone

In the middle of another Bevo piece for The Age, Kane acknowledges that it "could be said" that Hinkley has "lingered in the job for too long":

The Age
Beveridge and Buckley are not the only coaches to have lingered in the job for too long. The same could be said for Port Adelaide’s Ken Hinkley, who in August signed a two-year contract extension. Had Hinkley walked away after 11 years at the Power with an exemplary home-and-away record, he would have been in demand as a senior coach. If Port Adelaide fail again this year, he may never get another chance.

Note that Kane thinks Hinkley has stayed on too long for Hinkley's own good, and that by "too long" he means since the end of last season. Nothing about PAFC or the notion that Ken's time should've been up years ago. No, Kane's advice for coaches is simply to move on before folks come to associate you with the scent of failure, even if it means pulling the ejection handle mid-season, Hardwick-style. Well, if it works for prospective firemen...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got him on the front of the western australian paper though, his dad would be very proud, how many times did graham do that? they probably can't believe just how easy it is to literally get on the front page of a newspaper just by saying "number 1 draft pick should be better!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If we can embarrass Kane enough by constantly giving him attention and exposure while saying that we disagree with his opinions, surely he will be embarrassed into retirement?

Social theorists believe that a child has already born who will compose the BigFooty post which will shame Kane Cornes into retirement

Back