Karmichael sinks Richmonds season

Remove this Banner Ad

Late last season? We only played them once last season and registered the biggest 1st quarter ever.

We struggled against them this year and played absolutely abysmally, but had the wherewithal to actually prevail in the end, like Fremantle, North Melbourne, Geelong... most other teams that have played them.

We just whacked Port by 50 points at home yesterday.

The difference between "highly competitive" and "winning" is massive. It could be the difference between a team playing finals or not, and in Richmond's case that is a big deal.
How did you fare against Melbourne?

I mean, we managed to prevail against them twice like most other teams that have played them.

Because Australian Football. Australian Football in the Northern states and an expansion team had a good result.

AFL is still a minor sport up north, don't get too ahead of yourself. AFL is expanding very slowly, still not convinced all the money that is getting flished out that way. Well for us actual supporters, I enjoyed Richmond throwing away their finals hope for the a few bucks.

How did you fare against Melbourne?

I mean, we managed to prevail against them twice like most other teams that have played them.

Yup, we lost against them, and it was pathetic. Albeit at their him ground and, y'know, they're not an expansion club, but I'll readily admit it was an idiotic and unacceptable performance. Albeit the club's administration didn't sell that home game, but yeah, it was pretty damn bad.

Yup, we lost against them, and it was pathetic. Albeit at their him ground and, y'know, they're not an expansion club, but I'll readily admit it was an idiotic and unacceptable performance. Albeit the club's administration didn't sell that home game, but yeah, it was pretty damn bad.
Tit for tat mate. We can all play the game. Everyone's club's got a result they're not proud of. Everyone's club's got a player who did something stupid. I wouldn't mind a bit of sensible footy discussion occasionally on these boards, but to have to trawl through 25+ pages on some threads to find half a dozen sensible posts is really starting to piss me off. I thought the MB was supposed to be for sensible discussion but (often subtle) trolling continues unabated.

We lost a game that the BF general public thinks we shouldn't have. Not good for us, but hardly surprising for anyone who cares to look at team sheets, omissions in recent weeks, etc. But why should I rain on the BF parade?

Tit for tat mate. We can all play the game. Everyone's club's got a result they're not proud of. Everyone's club's got a player who did something stupid. I wouldn't mind a bit of sensible footy discussion occasionally on these boards, but to have to trawl through 25+ pages on some threads to find half a dozen sensible posts is really starting to piss me off. I thought the MB was supposed to be for sensible discussion but (often subtle) trolling continues unabated.

We lost a game that the BF general public thinks we shouldn't have. Not good for us, but hardly surprising for anyone who cares to look at team sheets, omissions in recent weeks, etc. But why should I rain on the BF parade?
Quite frankly, you're an idiot if you thought your club wasn't going to cop it from all angles after what happened last night. My club copped it six weeks ago, and rightly so, I didn't chuck a fuss about it though.

And as I've already said, at least I can say my club has beaten Melbourne before. Richmond can't say the same about themselves against Gold Coast (and it's only going to get harder to win against them as the years go by, so now was the time to do it).

This has got nothing to do with Big Footy. I can't believe that you can honestly find a second loss to GC at the same venue defensible in any way, shape, or form. It's not a Bay 13 topic, it's actually, all joking aside, a very serious issue that covers a lot of topics, including the wisdom of Maric having a "groin injury" which I expect him to recover from swiftly, Richmond selling the game and robbing themselves of an advantage, the fact that they shouldn't need said advantage at this stage in their development in comparison to the opposition, the numerous errors in the dying seconds that were brought on by intense pressure... it's not the regulation "honourable" Richmond loss that we're used to. You can't just deflect it and say that it doesn't hurt, because it could cost Richmond's season big-time. They may well recover and pull something out of their backsides and cruise into the 8, but this impacts it and by extension, given all the context, it is a story.

It's not "hardly surprising" given the team sheets, omissions, whatever. Richmond has the goods to win that game and win it comfortably.

This has got nothing to do with Big Footy. I can't believe that you can honestly find a second loss to GC at the same venue defensible in any way, shape, or form. It's not a Bay 13 topic, it's actually, all joking aside, a very serious issue that covers a lot of topics, including the wisdom of Maric having a "groin injury" which I expect him to recover from swiftly, Richmond selling the game and robbing themselves of an advantage, the fact that they shouldn't need said advantage at this stage in their development in comparison to the opposition, the numerous errors in the dying seconds that were brought on by intense pressure... it's not the regulation "honourable" Richmond loss that we're used to. You can't just deflect it and say that it doesn't hurt, because it could cost Richmond's season big-time. They may well recover and pull something out of their backsides and cruise into the 8, but this impacts it and by extension, given all the context, it is a story.

It's not "hardly surprising" given the team sheets, omissions, whatever. Richmond has the goods to win that game and win it comfortably.

lately thats proven not to be the case. also having a 1 wk injury isnt possible? how cynical have we become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well worth the drive up from Townsville. The Suns looked good again and I loved the way they got back after they fell 3 goals behind in the last quarter. Karmichael is one cool customer and is really developing into a handy player. Also great to be able to have a kick after the game and release a bit of adrenalin.

AFL is still a minor sport up north, don't get too ahead of yourself. AFL is expanding very slowly, still not convinced all the money that is getting flished out that way. Well for us actual supporters,

Sounds like you are still hurting by the sound of those comments.
Having double the number of AFL teams in Qld an NSW is hardly moving slowly.
AFL is a billion dollar year industry with Qld and NSW being a large part of that - hardly
a minor sport. Looking at Australian Football participation in Qld and NSW both having overtaken the football states of SA and WA - hardly minor and with growth at approximately 10% p.a. - hardly slowly.

AFL is a billion dollar year industry with Qld and NSW being a large part of that - hardly
a minor sport.

Turn it up. You can keep living in your fantasy world and keep thinking that. Once again i'm not hurting, that would still be the Richmond team and all of thier loyal, long suffering supporters.

Just saying, as an RL and St Kilda fan, I am glad that the Suns managed to beat Richmond.

a minor sport. Looking at Australian Football participation in Qld and NSW both having overtaken the football states of SA and WA - hardly minor and with growth at approximately 10% p.a. - hardly slowly.

Hope less teams are going broke than when I was playing in QLD, my juniors club went broke, my next team had to join with another team to field a 18 man squad, and we'd get small numbers for school teams and even then we had only 3 who played, the others just didn't make the league squad.

Hope less teams are going broke than when I was playing in QLD, my juniors club went broke, my next team had to join with another team to field a 18 man squad, and we'd get small numbers for school teams and even then we had only 3 who played, the others just didn't make the league squad.

speaking to a guy from QLD yesterday he was saying the leagues he is working with are currently expanding quite well right now, and the standard of play is also improving

Scott Lucas = Campbell Browns Bitch.
Don't tell me Brown slapped Scotty on the shoulder as well ?!?!? As for the game, absolutely loved it, the house I watched it in went mental. Good to see Harbrow back to his best as well, when he is "on" he is one of the most watchable footballers going around. Jet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back