Rumour Kerr leaving W.C & wants to come to Carlton...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I dont know where you heard this stuff about Kerr but I can tell you now WC will do everything in their power to avoid him getting to Carlton. We are still smarting with how you dealt for Judd.

Just like Pies last year, we will ask more from you than other clubs.

Excellent......we'll keep pick 6 for a young gun who doesn't suffer from Anti-Social Personality Disorder and has 10 years of footy left in him.....oh and we have Judd :), thanks for dropping by, please shut the door on your way out ;)

oh and the smarting bit really made my day :)

Mate I dont know where you heard this stuff about Kerr but I can tell you now WC will do everything in their power to avoid him getting to Carlton. We are still smarting with how you dealt for Judd.

Mate to be honest with you i have no interest in getting Kerr, like i mentioned Kerr is worth more on the trade table as a required player than he is as an unwanted player...

West Coast are playing the game well...

Personally i dont think Carlton are going to be willing to give up the house to get him

Woosha was on 5AA and the guys questioned Woosha over Kerr in requards to if either Port or Adelaide would be in the hunt and he stated that Kerr will stay there is no problems they are sorting out details with the contract now

^ that was on the wce board. Who knows, they may still be waiting till trade week to see if someone throws a bigg offer to us. If not, he is re-signed for a lengthy stay. Carlton would better be served with a forward/backman rather than a mid. Midfield is not your deficiency imo

Its interesting you say that SB, The GC picks are not locked in... they can trade for them... Im smelling that if we get Warnock, Hampson will be a key to us getting another high 1st rounder... Really early speculation i know, but its a real possibility, and if Hampson doesnt take huge steps this year, you would have to think it would be on the cards...

If Hampson doesn't come along as we expect, how on earth would be manage to get a high 1st round pick for him? Not even a new club would be that silly. Only is he had a big year next year could i possibly see that scenario working.

If Hampson doesn't come along as we expect, how on earth would be manage to get a high 1st round pick for him? Not even a new club would be that silly. Only is he had a big year next year could i possibly see that scenario working.

Definitely wouldn't be trading him! Could be anything!

Cameron Wood type senario, ruckman with 3 years development and who have shown potential cost big time... (pick 14 in this situation)

There is nothing different with the Hampson situation... + he is a Brisbane boy...

I hope im wrong because there is a lot to like about Hampson, as shown by the club signing him up to for a further 3 years. But if the case arises, and we have Kreuzer and Warnock + another likely type (Cloke or Jacobs), it wouldnt be the silliest move...

A shame you gave us pick 46 as well and didn't a delist a spud to use that selection on a Woneamirri who would address one of your list's weaknesses.

You really played hard ball with us last year.

We remember you saying you wanted pick one and pick three before you folded after you went to Richmond to get their picks.

So it's a bit rich for you to say you'll ask for more from Carlton when Richmond threatened to get Judd via the PSD if they could do a deal.

You would have received less for Judd from the Tigers than what you got from Carlton.

That Morton trade with Richmond must smart and make you more willing to trade with them after the year he's had. ;) :confused:

And you say you'll ask for more from us than another club such as Richmond?

They reimered you in the Morton trade.

Maybe you'll take six and something to get rid of a character who will be a disgruntled player in 2009 if you don't trade him.

If you don't, you might face another Judd situation 12 months from now with an uncontracted Kerr when the draft has been compromised by the GC.

Good luck with that...

WCE would gladly take a elite kid such as Ziebell/Hartlett plus Browne for Kerr than eight, JON and Schulz from Richmond.

If you don't, you might face another Judd situation 12 months from now with an uncontracted Kerr when the draft has been compromised by the GC.

Won't happen, Kerr's never actually said he's wanted to leave. He's publicly stated every time that he wants to remain at WCE. It's only really his manager that's shopping him around to get a better deal for Kerr. Fair enough, that's how negotiation works.

.... It's only really his manager that's shopping him around to get a better deal for Kerr....

Nice spin, but managers don't shop around to "get a better deal" if they are still in contract. lol. The Weagles are under pressure to trade him now, because next year his value will be less, and they'll have no leverage because he'll be out of contract. Watch the Weagles demands drop exponentially over the next few weeks. Should be entertaining. lol. :)

we are the youngest team in the AFL and have the best young talent so
we will not be fazed by gc17 or western sydney compromising the drafts for the next few years.

also, we want want a premiership in 2010/2011 and need a mature list in doing so.

pick 6+ browne or a similar player for kerr and NO MORE than pick 24 for warnock.
1st rounder for warnock is f'ing ridicoulous.

Bull****!

The Hawks have the best 'young' talent. Besides, every side should be fazed by the compromised draft.

Some insipid performances against top opposition and a 'respectable' 11th position on the ladder doesn't add up to us being smug p****s! :mad: :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't happen, Kerr's never actually said he's wanted to leave. He's publicly stated every time that he wants to remain at WCE. It's only really his manager that's shopping him around to get a better deal for Kerr. Fair enough, that's how negotiation works.

you know that politicians always tow the party line... hence they also do the same... do you trust them?

I do believe another bloke... former no. 3... suggested the same... publically too... :rolleyes:

The question I would like to ask is: DO WE REALLY NEED DANIEL KERR?
Why on earth would we need him to be honest?
We got players like:
Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Simpson
Browne
etc...

We don't need players who are after the pay packet, I want the players who will play for the jumper and not wreck the culture we have at the club....
Honestly, Kerr on his days is probably top 5 midfielder in the game, but I don't see the reason why we need him.. Let's focus on the players we have, and lets get a junior and build a brigade from there....:)

The question I would like to ask is: DO WE REALLY NEED DANIEL KERR?
Why on earth would we need him to be honest?
We got players like:
Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Simpson
Browne
etc...

We don't need players who are after the pay packet, I want the players who will play for the jumper and not wreck the culture we have at the club....
Honestly, Kerr on his days is probably top 5 midfielder in the game, but I don't see the reason why we need him.. Let's focus on the players we have, and lets get a junior and build a brigade from there....:)

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Top post

I don't want him.

We are not even close to opening the premiership window and Kerr would not be the final piece in the puzzle. We still have a few holes still to fill, a fair bit of depth to add and a fair bit of development to get out of Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer. By the time this work is done, Kerr will be another 3 years older and Ziebell or Hurley or whoever will just be coming into their prime at WC.

We got our big fish in Judd, and he'll still be in his prime when the rest is in place. I just hope that we take our recruiting cues from Hawthorn from now on.

I don't want him.

We are not even close to opening the premiership window and Kerr would not be the final piece in the puzzle. We still have a few holes still to fill, a fair bit of depth to add and a fair bit of development to get out of Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer. By the time this work is done, Kerr will be another 3 years older and Ziebell or Hurley or whoever will just be coming into their prime at WC.

We got our big fish in Judd, and he'll still be in his prime when the rest is in place. I just hope that we take our recruiting cues from Hawthorn from now on.

Fernando, I agree with you buddy. :thumbsu: Care to ring the club and let them know?

Think this could backfire on the Weagles in a massive way. IF they don't manage to stitch up a trade now, they'll be left with a disgruntled player on their list, who will be out of contract next year. They'll be no motivation for him to seek a contract extension with Weagleland. He might even walk into the PSD next year for zip. :)

Think this could backfire on the Weagles in a massive way. IF they don't manage to stitch up a trade now, they'll be left with a disgruntled player on their list, who will be out of contract next year. They'll be no motivation for him to seek a contract extension with Weagleland. He might even walk into the PSD next year for zip. :)
Spot on Parrot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back