Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason I trust Kizza is that I know that he will be desperate to get the most out of the rest of his career, be it this one game or another 20.
I can't say that about COR just yet.
He can fine tune that in the Neafl a bit longer, especially after his undisciplined act of chasing & bumping the Crow player after an initial 50m penalty, only to give away a second 50 & goal. That alone was the reason he was dropped the following week for sure.
No, Kizza for me this week.

Potential replacement for Jeremy?
If the hate keeps up, definitely. I thought he was too high profile/good to be underrated, which ruled him out as an avatar option

He’s been anonymous tonight as expected
Better than McInerney, Papley, Blakey, Ronke, Thurlow, Hewett just to name a few. But youth > performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Ronke was that bad tonight, certainly 15 performed worse! Jack did his job, couldn’t ask for more!

Given he will play, why not use him as the primary tagger? He is no longer an attacking player. He could use his experience to lock down one of the Tiger smalls. This would free George for a more attacking role.

Given he will play, why not use him as the primary tagger? He is no longer an attacking player. He could use his experience to lock down one of the Tiger smalls. This would free George for a more attacking role.

But if Jack was playing as a primary tagger (say on Prestia for example) it would mean that Jack would have take up more minutes in the guts of the midfield. That would potentially take away time from Jones, Florent, Hewett, Heeney to do that.

I'm happy for Jack to play forward to avoid that.

Phil Hillyard "first photographed Kieren as a 10 year old playing in the Paul Kelly cup"

also interesting to read in SMH Kieran being taught to kick straight
he spent long hours with then assistant coaches Peter Jonas and Brett Allison to "fast track my kicking to get to the level where some of the other boys were".
"I'm still working on it, mind you. I got it up to a level where it was consistent," Jack said.
Allison would have Jack running along the line and kicking. If his leg was not aligned to the square then he was not kicking in a straight line.
"We needed to straighten him, to not get him to veer out, to get him where he needed to go," Allison said.
"A lot of hip straightening, a lot of getting his leg to go in a straight line. He's still got a slight bit in it but it's far better than he used to be."

https://outline.com/Vy9nUx

Perhaps some of our current players to to do more work on their kicking accuracy.
Where is Brett Allison?

Phil Hillyard "first photographed Kieren as a 10 year old playing in the Paul Kelly cup"

also interesting to read in SMH Kieran being taught to kick straight
he spent long hours with then assistant coaches Peter Jonas and Brett Allison to "fast track my kicking to get to the level where some of the other boys were".
"I'm still working on it, mind you. I got it up to a level where it was consistent," Jack said.
Allison would have Jack running along the line and kicking. If his leg was not aligned to the square then he was not kicking in a straight line.
"We needed to straighten him, to not get him to veer out, to get him where he needed to go," Allison said.
"A lot of hip straightening, a lot of getting his leg to go in a straight line. He's still got a slight bit in it but it's far better than he used to be."

https://outline.com/Vy9nUx

Perhaps some of our current players to to do more work on their kicking accuracy.
Where is Brett Allison?

Great photos!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back