KP : is he really this arrogant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2003
paradise
Other Teams
the best
Since his name popped up the past few days I did a bit of research on him as he piqued my interest. Was amused to find how many arrogant comments and actions are attributed to him. One English scribe said he's re-written the script for arrogance. Some of the highlights include

* His speech at the ICC awards night where he felt he intimated that he had inspired his teammates to greater deeds. He also said that he was the one who stood up to be counted when the Ashes were on the line.

* When asked about the 6 dropped chances replied that it was just bad luck and that he had one of the safest pair of hands in the team.

* according to Flintoff et al when he's in the dressingroom and not batting he spends much of his time looking at himself in the mirror

* describes himself as a good looking lad who can pull off any look

* asks his sexual partner to scream out his name during the act.

* suggests he's one of the best things ever to hit English cricket

* after breaking up with his big brother girlfriend after a few weeks told her she was a nobody trying to be somebody.

For the record Caprice described him as a complete tosser after a 3 week fling.

These were just a few of the highlights I came across during my research.

Is this for real or an act??

Ice goddess said:
Is this for real or an act??

An act that's real, if that makes any sense.

Quite a few people have mentioned that he's insecure so I guess he plays the Jack the lad role in pretty much the same way as Warne (albiet with less charisma). It doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't impact on his cricket though..

Boof Lehmann interviewed him on a golf course some time in the last year. KP completely fluffed a tee shot and the ball went about 5 metres. He then proceeded to demand that boof not include it and delete the footage. He was damn serious. Boof still showed it :D

Yeah he's good for the game. One theory as to why he drops so many catches is that he grabs at them with hard hands. And all that womanising certainly dispels the gay rumours which were rife at one stage.

Forgot to mention that he regards himself as the next David Beckham and thinks that everyone aspires to be the next Kevin Pietersen. You have to laugh.

He certainly has some tickets on himself, but the skunk really just plain stinks.

In my mind the character defining moment in his cricketing life was the day he turned his back on his country because he didnt have the balls to work his way into the team. He opted for what was the soft option at the time and went to England. Lets just say I wouldnt want to be in the trenches next to him, your likely to end up being his shield. Gutless is my assessment of him. No more, no less. Nothing for youngens to aspire to there.

The guys an attention seeker, I find him annoying, but I do respect the fact that he is a good cricketer. If his performances with the bat continue to be as scratchy as they were in Pakistan then I will start to get on his case no doubt. Performances have to go with the showbiz.

I think his skunk haircut has gone though, so, a start in the right direction :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ice goddess said:
Forgot to mention that he regards himself as the next David Beckham and thinks that everyone aspires to be the next Kevin Pietersen. You have to laugh.

I'm more worried at the intelligence of these men who actually wants to be Beckham, it's pretty sad really, both him and Pup.

Ice goddess said:
* When asked about the 6 dropped chances replied that it was just bad luck and that he had one of the safest pair of hands in the team.

I agree with him on this, a couple were tough chances whilst in Pakistan and in the one dayers he has shown he has a very safe pair of hands

spell_check said:
These six catches would be against Australia.

Yes it was the 6 he dropped in the Ashes they were referring to. He did take one against Pakistan in the tests though which broke his catching duck in test cricket. Who thinks he's future captaincy material?

spell_check said:
These six catches would be against Australia.

Yeah and in Pakistan he starting holding em, he has taken some good catches in the ODI arena, it was just bad luck in the Ashes

Those questioning Pietersen's courage need their head read. It takes a lot more courage to leave your homeland, especially in making a statement about racism than staying where you were born. I would have him in the trenches before some of the other South Africans, especially guys like Smith who put up the white flag by declaring in Sydney and handing the game to us.

Romeo said:
Those questioning Pietersen's courage need their head read. It takes a lot more courage to leave your homeland, especially in making a statement about racism than staying where you were born. I would have him in the trenches before some of the other South Africans, especially guys like Smith who put up the white flag by declaring in Sydney and handing the game to us.
He's got guts to leave the country and stuff however he is way too cocky for his own good. It's good at times however he can sometimes go too far and forgets that he isn't as good as he thinks he is. He's a good player and has the potential to be a star however he has to settle down.
And for Smith, no I think that was the right decision to declare and gave his bowlers a chance to win. They would have drawn the series at best and he wanted a result for his guys. Was gutsy but didnt pay off because his bowlers werent good enough and our batters were superb.

Cooldude said:
He's still immature (That's why he gets on so well with Warnie), he might grow up, he mightn't, time will tell.

Although wouldn't be surprised if one day he gets kinghit at a nightclub

The fact that he's slow close to Warnie is enough to make me like him. He reckons he loves Warnie to bits and texts him every day as often as he feels like.

Sorry, I don't like bringing up old threads usually, but I thought I would confirm that KP is no longer 'the skunk'

nczh3m.jpg

At last. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back