Welcome Kyle Hartigan joins the Hawks in a trade from the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Really not sure about this move. Don't think we need to add another 29 year old to the team.
Not ideal, but seeing as we just said goodbye to 4 32 year olds, we can probably take on a pensioner...

He can fill a more than adequate role on the gorilla forwards. He's pretty quick and strong - only issue is that he is an absolute liability with the ball in hand. I feel like him and Talia both are pretty limited as rebounding defenders, both are very much stoppers - but in a side with a better balanced backline, Harto should do a good job.

Best of luck to him!

We had Frost, Kosi, Hartley and BB as our options for Key Defender next year, assuming that all four of them were still on our list end of trade period

With Sicily out and Chip retired we absolutely needed someone. He's not costing us any picks or players to get so he's a good ready made stop gap option

He'll do just fine for the next 3 years whilst we're drafting and developing and younger key defenders.

He seems very similar to Chip, which is fine by me.

And we're getting him for free.

From a crows mate: “ Horrible, horrible decision maker. You s**t yourself every single time he goes near the ball. Is big and strong though which is why he gets a game. I am very surprised anyone would offer him 3 years. Clarko must see something no one else does“

Really not sure about this move. Don't think we need to add another 29 year old to the team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He's a depth signing. Wouldn't expect him to be getting too many games in 2022 and beyond, but fills an immediate need in 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a crows mate: “ Horrible, horrible decision maker. You s**t yourself every single time he goes near the ball. Is big and strong though which is why he gets a game. I am very surprised anyone would offer him 3 years. Clarko must see something no one else does“
So he's mostly another Frost with a bit of Chip in him lol?

He'll do just fine for the next 3 years whilst we're drafting and developing and younger key defenders.

He seems very similar to Chip, which is fine by me.

And we're getting him for free.
Lets see if Kosi gets an extension, he turns 21 next year, should be at the point where he starts getting games

He's a depth signing. Wouldn't expect him to be getting too many games in 2022 and beyond, but fills an immediate need in 2021.

You don’t sign a player for 3 years just for depth. I’m expecting him to start R1 as a direct replacement for Chip and (if his form is good) stay there for the next few years. I have mixed feelings but I also thought Henderson was a spud and he proved me very wrong. Hopefully this also means Smith is staying because we’d receive 0 compensation if he leaves now.

He's not free.

If Smith leaves we won't be getting any compo. So his acquisition costs us that compo, likely 30s-40s area
If he's not leaving then it's a free hit. If he is leaving would we have gotten a better option using whatever pick the AFL decided to give us to find someone who can play next year in our backline?

honestly i think key defenders is the only role in the game where a non-supporter will have a better view of a player than supporters

there are exceptions but you'd have to think that most FB's that aren't top 5 but still good AFL players get canned pretty often and unjustly

like you see Frawley get outmarked by Kennedy after Eagles win a clearance and an inside 50 within 2.1seconds but it will be his fault and he's the worst defender in the game etc.

If he's not leaving then it's a free hit. If he is leaving would we have gotten a better option using whatever pick the AFL decided to give us to find someone who can play next year in our backline?
Who knows what other options are available, but my point that he's not free if Smith leaves. He then has a cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back