Recommitted Lachie Whitfield [re-signed for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get Cogs for nothing but salary cap I’d happily pay up 2 first rounders for Whitters. Would genuinely make us instant flag contenders.
I'd happily pay that price for Whitfield period. Cogs on top for nothing would be a massive bonus, but even without Cogs you'd cough up two firsts for Whit without blinking.

If we get Cogs for nothing but salary cap I’d happily pay up 2 first rounders for Whitters. Would genuinely make us instant flag contenders.

Lol. There are holes in Hawthorn's list that will take at least 3/4 solid years to draft and development to fix, Cogs and Whitfield may be good enough to make The Hawks push for a spot in the lower part of the 8, but by no means a Legit flag contender.

Look I respect that bottoming out isn't the Hawthorn way, but you have to start trading out Breust/Smith types to acquire some early ish draft picks and regenerate the list with some quality youth. You have a couple of decent kids already, but not sustainable for a legit extended contention window..

How on earth can Hawthorn afford both Whitfield and Conigilo anyway? You'd have to pay about $2.5 million a year for both, and I do not see GWS willingly letting Whitfield go if Cogs leaves even despite the RFA situation.

Greene belted the s**t out of an old man at the pub and is known to be an Agro little campaigner so he deserves every bit of bad media he gets

That may be true but there would certainly be players that would prefer to stay out of the heavily scrutinized footy states.
Part of why Charlie Cameron headed to Qld.

Whitfield is up there with the most valuable players in the game right now.

Up there with guys like Cripps, Coniglio, Kelly, Grundy, Bont (I'm sure there's others around the mark)
hes the best kick in the afl but hes easiest to shut down of these guys. also wouldnt have cogs in the same class as those others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes the best kick in the afl but hes easiest to shut down of these guys. also wouldnt have cogs in the same class as those others

Seriously?
He had a hard tag on the weekend and still found time to do some serious damage to Port.
Cripps was tagged out of a game recently too.

Not many can actually run with him full stop.

Seriously?
He had a hard tag on the weekend and still found time to do some serious damage to Port.
Cripps was tagged out of a game recently too.

Not many can actually run with him full stop.
i think hes a star, just saying I think its easier to take him out of the game over kelly, cripps, grundy and bont who you listed. as for the tag on the weekend i think Cam Sutcliffe is crap, theres a reason he wasnt on a list, sure he lays some bumps and hits off the ball but that doesnt mean hes a good tagger.

Greene belted the s**t out of an old man at the pub and is known to be an Agro little campaigner so he deserves every bit of bad media he gets
We have all made mistakes in our past.

Unless you're a perfect little so and so. You actually don't think that do you?

Everyone I've known to meet him, including myself has said what a great bloke he is. Sooo...

We have all made mistakes in our past.

Unless you're a perfect little so and so. You actually don't think that do you?

Everyone I've known to meet him, including myself has said what a great bloke he is. Sooo...
I’m sure he is a great bloke, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get scrutinized for belting up pensioners. Most people who get bad press deserve it or bring it upon themselves. There’s 700+ footballers and only a small amount get bad press, so don’t * up and you won’t be singled out

I’m sure he is a great bloke, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get scrutinized for belting up pensioners. Most people who get bad press deserve it or bring it upon themselves. There’s 700+ footballers and only a small amount get bad press, so don’t fu** up and you won’t be singled out

And he was, and banned and fined etc etc etc.

That last part is absolute garbage

The VFL media has become New Idea like in their active efforts over the years.

Except I’m talking about Whitfield’s feelings towards the VFL media regarding his drug suspension.

Hawthorn = Dumb Supporters

Only on BigFooty. (IRL they’re okay.)

So in your opinion you think no chance he returns to Melbourne for football at any stage other than when he's representing GWS in Melbourne ? Interesting....

Lol. There are holes in Hawthorn's list that will take at least 3/4 solid years to draft and development to fix, Cogs and Whitfield may be good enough to make The Hawks push for a spot in the lower part of the 8, but by no means a Legit flag contender.

Look I respect that bottoming out isn't the Hawthorn way, but you have to start trading out Breust/Smith types to acquire some early ish draft picks and regenerate the list with some quality youth. You have a couple of decent kids already, but not sustainable for a legit extended contention window..
Nah, there’s need to trade Breust or Gunston.

Hawthorn have a father son midfielder touted for a possible first round bid this year, and 2 good NGA prospects for next year, one of which is already being suggested as a top 10 pick in 2020. All we have to do is match bids with 2nd and 3rd rounders to get that talent in.

Anyway, it’s best to keep Hawthorn list discussion in the designated thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back