Lenny for Assistant Midfield Coach 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2011
Moorabin
AFL Club
St Kilda
No doubt Lenny will probably have 18 coaching offers coming his way this year.
Just wondering how the club goes about this? Anyone know like at what stage they would be into discussions for coaching next year or when they might start getting into that.
Every year you see club champions getting scouted out for coaching gigs when they retire.
Please don't miss this opportunity Saints. Richo would make a great coaching mentor for Lenny.
If he wants to take a year off then fine but IMO thats not his style. I reckon he'll wanna get straight into coaching and if he's at another club doing so, well. I would not be very happy.

Yep and then he can join Harvey who will hopefully be head coach by then..

Is it all Saints fans who want our coaching options limited to just ex St Kilda players? There are 17 other teams out there.

Lenny coudn't be head coach hayes, not for a long time anyway. Thats not what were saying here.
But damn I don't like seeing the club let the champs walk into coaching gigs at other clubs. Like H4PM said. Hang on to them for dear life, they are huge Assets.
Take a look at Freo. Ross the genius gets Kirk straight out of the caper and you can just tell he had an impact on that midfield. Sorry Sydney big fail for letting him go.
Don't want that to happen to Lenny.

Just wondering how the club goes about this?

Pretty simple I think:
Saints: We want you to stay at the club in some capacity, what do you want to do and how much will it cost?
Lenny: ???
Saints: Sounds good.

But seriously, if Lenny wants to start his coaching career then we would be stupid not to do whatever we can to keep him with us. If we can't afford it start a collection tin at games or something, just make it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not build up experience with us?

Preferable to go somewhere else, 'answer' to new bosses, see different methods and the way other clubs do things.

Allow him to develop his own 'philosophy' on football - playing and coaching. Not just based on experiences at the Saints.

I'm pretty sure the Packer kids were all sent off to work for a couple of years as Jackaroos at a Qld cattle station, under a new boss, before they were to return to the family business. IIRC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back