• Leon Davis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyril Rioli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate hawthorn but even i think that this is not a fair thread
i think rioli is way better then davis.
rioli tackles, kicks goals, gets lots of touches and rarely makes a bad decision.

The 2 of em are basically the same player...
i dont see how u can say he has more ability

They both kick the same sorta goals and do same things...

Not really.

Rioli is very good in close and moves very well through heavy traffic. He's also a better tackler and is very good overhead. He's got all-round ability.

Davis is a freakish midfielder/forward, but is mainly an outside player.

Not really.

Rioli is very good in close and moves very well through heavy traffic. He's also a better tackler and is very good overhead. He's got all-round ability.

Davis is a freakish midfielder/forward, but is mainly an outside player.
Rioli is very good in close and moves very well through heavy traffic - Davis also, so that point is out the door. next

Better tackler, maybe but not by much. Davis is fine overhead so thats not a point either.. Davis Gets more of the ball, same skill level apart from snapping from the boundary , davis has him there. Davis ATM but Rioli is pretty young has lots of time to improve

Rioli is very good in close and moves very well through heavy traffic - Davis also, so that point is out the door. next

What I mean is that Rioli is a 'bottom of the pack' sort of player. It's his outside work which is most celebrated but his vision and strength through the hips means he will probably end up playing as a centreman.

Better tackler, maybe but not by much. Davis is fine overhead so thats not a point either.. Davis Gets more of the ball, same skill level apart from snapping from the boundary , davis has him there. Davis ATM but Rioli is pretty young has lots of time to improve

Davis has the superior fitness and all that, no question there. He's okay overhead but Rioli has that over him. Same as tackling.

They're totally different players.

Davis hes a a quality midfielder at the moment although i do believe if Rioli can progress into a midfielder he will become better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli is young so he will definitely improve. Leon was close to hopeless at his age and was for quite a few years after that. However right now, Leon is a far superior footballer. But it is hard to say how good Rioli will be. You just never know if a player will go on with it and become a star - Leon is proven.

Rioli for mine.

Davis goes missing every time the Hawks play Collingwood so that probably clouds my judgement on him.

Rioli can do everything that Davis can do but is a much better defensive player.

Cyril because all his goals and possesions arnt in junk time when the games already won

and doesnt spin his finger around like a idiot on crack after every goal

cyril is younger and by the time he is leons age he will have a brownlow

Davis is better this year and at the moment. Rioli once he increases his touches per game and fitness will have him beat maybe as early as next year and from there on after.

You guys are forgetting how good Rioli was before his hamstring injury.

He was ahead of West Coast Judd at the same age, with slightly less possessions, but more tackles and more goals.

His output has been lessened since, but on ability, he is far ahead of Davis.

Based on current ability, not form. Had this discussion with a mate, he said Davis by far but he's a pies supporter. I might be a little biast but i think Cyril
You certainly are biast.

Davis by alot.

Back