MRP / Trib. Lewis 2 weeks, Hodge 3 weeks - OPPOSITION POSTERS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

Im getting ready for the whining to be "but its not really a punishment if they get to play sydney" as soon as its announced

For the record we already lost mitchell for one due to johnson, poppy for one and a half due to an umpire and potentiall bruest from another umpire head high hit

Hodge: Intentional, High Contact, Medium Impact - 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 weeks with early plea.

Lewis: Reckless, High Contact, High Impact - 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 weeks with early plea.

Would still like to hear what went to Hodgey's mind at the time? Seemed really strange for him to strike out like that.

This seems about right to me. However, I wonder how we would feel if the boot was on the other foot
I've raised this a couple of times before, but some time in the distant past the media was actually banned from commenting on any reports (I think any non - reported incidents were still open slather).

Would love them to bring this back (I know is unlikely), but can anyone recall the actual reason for having this ban in the first place? And surely now in this day and age where a player picks his nose and it's front page news, it's become even more relevant?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
In those days they weren't even allowed to replay reported incidents. But, the field umpire also called "touched, all clear" when the ball was touched off the boot. Nowadays, it seems the field umpire doesn't have to give his version of a score at all.
The game has changed so much.

Unfortunately these brain fades, now mean our 2 most likely Brownlow contenders are out of the running.

I'm not sure why people think what Hodge did was worse than Yarran, for mine its not even close, Yarran lined Chappy up and took a swing.

Hodge turned and whacked Swallow as he was getting up, not sure that he was aiming for the jaw and didn't look like that hard a hit.

He will most likely get two weeks, if he was trying to whack him in the chest and missed that's the price you pay.

Lewis could be anything reckon he will get 1-2 though, slow mo makes most things look worse than they are and players get crucified but thats footy these days, I think Lewis could have been smarter and will again pay the price for white line fever

BT tried again on Sunday on MMM to make his case for Doc getting suspended and finally got shot down by his co-workers with an emphatic $1k fine at most settle down

The media should be fined for every instance of asking a player or coach to comment on any potential MRP or tribunal event pr*cks

I'm not sure why people think what Hodge did was worse than Yarran, for mine its not even close, Yarran lined Chappy up and took a swing.

Hodge turned and whacked Swallow as he was getting up, not sure that he was aiming for the jaw and didn't look like that hard a hit.

He will most likely get two weeks, if he was trying to whack him in the chest and missed that's the price you pay.
I agree with this. How on Earth anyone could think it's worse than taking multiple swings at someone and making them bleed is beyond me! I don't think it was that hard either, just that it took Swallow by surprise.

Loved Hodges message to Thomas and North after Thomas flopped like a punctured balloon as soon as the ball went near him. Pretty sure he was making it clear that they got away with that shit last time but it wasn't going to be on Saturday. He was highly strung and the reaction to Swallow was lightening quick but did look like a push with the elbow that went amiss. Still, he'll probably get 2 weeks.

Lewis will probably get 1 and thought it interesting that Hodge was running towards Goldstein with the ruck man showing a lot of leg and knee in his direction although Hodge was not near enough anyway.

Have watched 2 Saturday night games in a row and BT and Richo are a couple of drama queens. It's like their producer has programmed them to react over the top on everything (see goal reviews). Worst calling in the history of the game. An absolute circus.

I thought Taylor got canned last year for some racist remark, or something similar.. Most disappointed when I learned that he was still calling.

If an ex player is asked to be on the board of the MRP, the player should be exempted from ALL Media! Christian was discussing the matter re Hodgey and Lewis today, McGuane and Christian discussed this subject for quite some time.. McGuane telling Christian what penalty should be given to to Hodgey and Lewis. Disgraceful. This is EXACTLY why the players should NEVER be involved in the media IF they accept a position on the MRP. :oops:
There are enough ex players that could be employed by the AFL that are NOT in the media..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recon it's a case of expecting the worse (4 weeks and a hanging) and hoping for the best (1 week).
Their is a fair chance of being reemed by the MRP at any time. SO by having two players at their mercy someone is going to be limping badly.

Hope the MRP don't look on here for some guidance. Generally opinion here is minimum of 2 weeks, MRP might go for 3 weeks.

i wonder if norf will do the right thing this time and play down the severity of the incidents?

my guess is lewis will get off with a reprimand (yes it was careless but it was also never going to inflict severe harm, free kick and 50 is all it deserved and it has been exacerbated due to the earlier incident and context of the game) whilst hodge will 'balance' the overall outcome and get 2-3 weeks (find it very hard to excuse any type of elbow swinging).

having said that it will not surprise if either get anything between 0-3 weeks in the lottery.

Hodge 2 - 3 and Lewis 3 - 4.

Both pretty cowardly for mine.

If Selwood had hit Mitchell like that and Goodes had hit Ceglar like that, we'd be going mental and demanding months.

True, but they'd get off. Our guys won't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back