Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

As unlikely as it is, the dream scenario is pick 6 for baker and pick in the 20's
Yeah that'd be ideal, I just posted the same on our board. I don't think it's too far-fetched for a club thats "willing to walk over broken glass" for him. They've got two other 1st round picks. Clearly they're going to be aggressively chasing a flag.

Yeah that'd be ideal, I just posted the same on our board. I don't think it's too far-fetched for a club thats "willing to walk over broken glass" for him. They've got two other 1st round picks. Clearly they're going to be aggressively chasing a flag.
I have been made look silly by Freo before but Baker is just not worth that, not at 27, not for what he does and not out of contract. I know you've been realistic with other values but you have West Coast people saying an early 2nd, that is a gigantic difference in value.

If he asks for a trade, there is no way Freo include a top 10 pick, we arent THAT desperate.

I have been made look silly by Freo before but Baker is just not worth that, not at 27, not for what he does and not out of contract. I know you've been realistic with other values but you have West Coast people saying an early 2nd, that is a gigantic difference in value.

If he asks for a trade, there is no way Freo include a top 10 pick, we arent THAT desperate.
Or are you?

Not in isolation, I agree. But if we give something decent back....

Sounds like you guys are stupidly keen to land him. Eagles fans are dreaming too.

Ask us what pick we got for Jesse Hogan. 😬
Frustrated World Cup GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about that.

But it was a genuine question. 6 and a 3rd round pick wasn't it? That makes say 10 and something back your way seem pretty reasonable....
I am extremely comfortable there is no chance our best first would be involved (regardless of where it is) simply because he's out of contract. Richmond might prefer to get up as high as possible by giving back a later pick but I cant see that being what Freo wants and there would be other ways to get a trade done.

The fact we have other first round picks I think makes it harder to get our best one. If all we had was 6 (not that I think we end up with that) and 30, then we're kind of forced to use that or an F1 in some capacity.

At least one of the picks is going to be in the 12-18 range and that is the one the Tigers likely get. If we forget out balls at the trade table (likely) then maybe they get a favourable pick swap as well.

Pies gave us their future 1st for a contracted Lachie Schultz... fully expecting it to be pick 18.... and 18 was considered overs.

An uncontracted Baker would be a mid-late 1st at best.
they expected it to be 18 BEFORE any academies and f/s picks, so likely a mid 20s pick.
OOC Baker should be somewhere around pick 17-20 after academy and f/s

Where does Baker rank on Tigers’ list atm?

Bolton
Lynch
Taranto
Baker?

We will be coughing up our highest pick
That doesn't make any sense. Someone's trade value isn't a function of how many good team mates they have. It's a function of how good they are, how old they are and maybe some intangible stuff.

I am extremely comfortable there is no chance our best first would be involved (regardless of where it is) simply because he's out of contract. Richmond might prefer to get up as high as possible by giving back a later pick but I cant see that being what Freo wants and there would be other ways to get a trade done.
It will be interesting to watch if it eventuates. We tend to get trades done with no fuss.

What would it take to do the Baker and Bolton double. We have our 3 first rounders and our future first that could be offered in trade. I know Bolton is obviously contracted so it would take a lot but if Richmond were decide to go full rebuild in the years before the Tasmanian team comes into the competition then would Richmond be interested in a trade of say 7,10, 17 and a future 1st.
No,no,no, and no ****ing way

Where does Baker rank on Tigers’ list atm?

Bolton
Lynch
Taranto
Baker?

We will be coughing up our highest pick
I rank them as

Bolton
Lynch
Vlastuin
Baker
Taranto

And both Lynch and Vlastuin are over 30..

This season Baker is averaging a goal and a half and 20 possesions per game.

Last edited:

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back