List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes perfect sense, but again will be unpopular because it will be Kennedy that goes (unless Hewett's back is not right).

People will say - he can take a mark and is a good kick for goal, push him forward. So then a forward has to go and we end up with the same question.
Don't think we can be certain it's Kennedy. TBH not arguing for one inside mid over another.to be dropped or shifted for more run. Pick the right balance for our strengths and the opposition.

What makes you think it's on the forwards to make way for run, when run is most effective between the arcs?

Kennedy won't be dropped by Voss if he is fit to play and mids can't make up for the type of goal kicking rubbish handed out by Charlie and Harry in the last game - it would help too if the other forwards kicked goals regularly - but they haven't been they are actually quite poor at doing a forward's job - kicking goals.

Martin and Fisher aren't a fantastic HFF pairing - the non talls in the forward line are as a group quite ineffective too often - as far as kicking goals goes.

Kennedy won't be dropped by Voss if he is fit to play and mids can't make up for the type of goal kicking rubbish handed out by Charlie and Harry in the last game - it would help too if the other forwards kicked goals regularly - but they haven't been they are actually quite poor at doing a forward's job - kicking goals.

Martin and Fisher aren't a fantastic HFF pairing - the non talls in the forward line are as a group quite ineffective too often - as far as kicking goals goes.
The smalls/mediums forwards for a number of reasons atm are absolutely not up to the level we require them to be…

Don't think we can be certain it's Kennedy. TBH not arguing for one inside mid over another.to be dropped or shifted for more run. Pick the right balance for our strengths and the opposition.

What makes you think it's on the forwards to make way for run, when run is most effective between the arcs?
Because we need our forwards (not all, but some) to do more running between the arcs. The game is not played with 6 stay-at-home forwards.

If they are not kicking goals, then they need to be a component in the chain that can create goals. We have all noticed that our smaller/mid forwards do push up the ground, and then we complain that they are not back crumbing at the feet of Harry and Charlie. You can say that "the mids don't do enough defensive running, so the forwards have to push up too high to assist" and that has merit. It could also be that the forwards that are doing the pushing up, are not fit enough (or fast enough on the turnaround) to do it well enough for long enough. Just because Durdin (for example) is seen in the back pocket doesn't mean he is doing what Voss wants all the time.

You mentioned Walsh playing that half forward role in a few games. Basically adding an extra runner to the midfield mix, which can only be done by removing a forward. Collectively, our small/mid size forwards don't kick enough goals. If you're playing the Kane Lambert role, that doesn't matter because it's not your job. But how many of ours can do that gut running for long enough? One of the ways to kick more goals is to exhaust your opponent and then beat him on the way back. Cottrell did this well late in the year. He kicked 2 very important goals in the Giants game when we were really struggling late in the third quarter. We don't get enough goals this way in my opinion.

Motlop has genuine tricks as a forward and can create goals out of not much. Durdin has real speed and will improve fitness wise. The other forwards (not Harry and Charlie obviously) are vulnerable to our need for more run in my opinion.

TDK and Pitto both will OOC players end season 2023, so it will be uncomfortable interim period waiting for extended contract confirmation.
Our Rucks are vulnerable as it is, so expect media interest as situation unfolds, most probably Geelong will try hard to lure Tom to join younger brother Sam at the Cats.
No matter external interests , both big men are an important priority.

followed carlton as a kid..........true story..........
Would have played for Carlton but for our salary cap draft bans.
Story goes that when his name was called by St Kilda his mum said, "Go Blues". If true, shows where his family's desire was for him to play.
Those draft bans sent the club into a long period of suffering

Last edited:
Would have played for Carlton but for our salary cap draft bans.
Story goes that when his name was called by St Kilda his mum said, "Go Blues". If true, shows where his family's desire was for him to play.
Those draft bans sent the club into a long period of suffering
I’m not disagreeing with you. But I think you could make the argument we still ended up with the best player in that draft. We just happened to pick him at number 45.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Dylan Moore (Hawks) will be FA at end of 2023 (due to previously being delisted and placed on rookie list).

i.e. in similar manner to Mabior Chol.

Moore is a mid/forward jet and still only 23 years old.

Av
21 possessions
8 CP’s
4 tackles
1.2 goals mostly playing forward.

Would cost nothing in a trade
Perfect age
can seriously play

He is a far better player than Fisher, Martin etc and rarely misses a game.

Would be a brilliant pickup if we could pursuade him to jump ship.

I’m not disagreeing with you. But I think you could make the argument we still ended up with the best player in that draft. We just happened to pick him at number 45.

Six members of the Draft Class of 2002 were All Australians and I don’t think Kade ever got close (from memory just once in the squad). Of course being in a poor team didn’t help but that didn’t stop Murphy, Cripps, Doch, Harry or Walsh. Simmo was one of our best of the last two decades but it’s all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not too shabby when you look at the collective ins and outs...

IN
Blake Acres
(trade, Fremantle), Jaxon Binns (No.32 draft pick), Lachie Cowan (No.30 draft pick), Oliver Hollands (No.11 draft pick), Harry Lemmey (No.47 draft pick)

OUT
Will Hayes
(delisted), Oscar McDonald (delisted), Jack Newnes (delisted), Luke Parks (delisted), Will Setterfield (trade, Essendon), Liam Stocker (delisted), Tom Williamson (delisted)
This list of ins and outs pretty much covers the, “add more run to our list”, and list being the operative word rather than starting 22,

Newnes - Acres, definitely an upgrade especially in 2nd half run.

Setters - Hollands, speaks for itself as far as more run goes..

Stocker - Binns, well we know this is pretty much why Stocker was cut.

Williamson - Cowan, more of a like for like right down to both being Carlton supporters, but Willo not on the park often enough.

McDonald - Lemmey, not hard to run better than someone with a ****ed back but seriously Lemmey has great potential especially as a high centre half forward with his up and back running.

In terms of starting 22 well Newnes and Setters played a fair amount of footy for us this year so having Acres and Hollands replacing there game time already adds extra running power especially with Hollands, Cowan if he takes Stockers minutes certainly adds run as well, but I think as I said earlier it is more adding run to the list rather than an immediate injection of run to the 22 although we get that as well as outlined above.

Interesting that Dylan Moore (Hawks) will be FA at end of 2023 (due to previously being delisted and placed on rookie list).

i.e. in similar manner to Mabior Chol.

Moore is a mid/forward jet and still only 23 years old.

Av
21 possessions
8 CP’s
4 tackles
1.2 goals mostly playing forward.

Would cost nothing in a trade
Perfect age
can seriously play

He is a far better player than Fisher, Martin etc and rarely misses a game.

Would be a brilliant pickup if we could pursuade him to jump ship.
100% yes to this. Is still massively underrated across the comp, guy is a gun. Unfortunately every other team will be after him but would fill a huge list need for us.

100% yes to this. Is still massively underrated across the comp, guy is a gun. Unfortunately every other team will be after him but would fill a huge list need for us.

What about Redman from * who is a Free Agent at the end of next season, if we couldn't get Moore, whom i rate probably a bit higher at this stage.

TDK and Pitto both will OOC players end season 2023, so it will be uncomfortable interim period waiting for extended contract confirmation.
Our Rucks are vulnerable as it is, so expect media interest as situation unfolds, most probably Geelong will try hard to lure Tom to join younger brother Sam at the Cats.
No matter external interests , both big men are an important priority.
According to footywire SDK is out of contract, it's simple, we try and lure him for same reasons. Would be a difficult trade. Both clubs are pretty fair when it comes to losing players they aren't worried about losing but when it comes to losing players who they genuinely don't want to lose then things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back