List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for cheap options for the wing, that can also play in other positions...

Yes, I know he is an annoying bloke...
Would Rhys Mathieson be worth a look at?

He's been playing wing/midfield/forward in the VFL and racking up huge numbers...
Is he just a case of being behind in the pecking order of Brisbane's star studded midfield?

DisposalsClearancesTacklesMarksGoals
Averages34.119.673.225.110.89

Others of interest, although would likely be out of our price range...
  • Lachie Hunter
  • Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Karl Amon
  • Xavier Duursma

Last edited:

However, been looking at cheap trade wing options (Hewett style)
Would Rhys Mathieson be worth a look at for our wing dilemmas?

He's been playing wing/midfield in the VFL and racking up huge numbers...
Is he just a case of being behind in the pecking order of Brisbane's star studded midfield?

GameDisposalsClearancesTacklesMarksGoals
vs Blues246550
vs Kangaroos348063
vs Geelong268111
vs Williamstown3115610
vs Port Melbourne3640101
vs Sydney3111661
vs Coburg398371
vs Southport 378510
vs Bullants4919391
A big no to Matheson. Absolutely shocking disposal. One of the worst kicks I have ever seen. Every touch is panicked.

Hopfully Austin, will be sniffing around for young Ruckman and KPD , another quality midfielder would be handy too, there’ll be room as we need a decent review and a few players will be moved on.

Looks like Dow will join SPS as elite draft picks gone begging.
O’Brien hanging on by a thread atm.
All 3 very lightly built and failed to improve physically.
Might be a lesson there for any future top 10 draft picks.
AFL is a very physical, unforgiving game in the midfield these days …

SPS gone.
Setterfield likely gone soon.
Dow, LOB & Stocker fringe players.

At one stage that was going to be our next gun midfield...

2016 and 2017 drafts not kind to us. At least we got Fisher & TDK.
2019 hasn't produced yet with Kemp and Philp not doing a whole lot.

Thankfully we absolutely nailed the 2015 draft and got Walsh in 2018.

Our trading has been arguably better than our drafting lately. Pittonet, Young, Saad, Williams, Gov, Cerra, Hewett, Martin is a very strong group to bring in from other clubs. There was also Jones and Omac has shown he is capable if not for injury.

Looks like Dow will join SPS as elite draft picks gone begging.
O’Brien hanging on by a thread atm.
All 3 very lightly built and failed to improve physically.
Might be a lesson there for any future top 10 draft picks.
AFL is a very physical, unforgiving game in the midfield these days …
None of them are lightly built for their role. Awkward builds? Sure, but not light.

SPS' hamstrings were suspect from the start.

Considering some of our F/S's have been overlooked the last couple of years because of covid-19, it's possible that we're letting them develop in the lower levels. IIRC, Tom Silvagni is about 19 as well and didn't nominate last year. Anyone know what he's been doing this year? And anyone got an update on the Hogg brothers and on Charlie McKay?
Tom has gone into player management with Kapital Sports Management

SPS gone.
Setterfield likely gone soon.
Dow, LOB & Stocker fringe players.

At one stage that was going to be our next gun midfield...

2016 and 2017 drafts not kind to us. At least we got Fisher & TDK.
2019 hasn't produced yet with Kemp and Philp not doing a whole lot.

Thankfully we absolutely nailed the 2015 draft and got Walsh in 2018.

Our trading has been arguably better than our drafting lately. Pittonet, Young, Saad, Williams, Gov, Cerra, Hewett, Martin is a very strong group to bring in from other clubs. There was also Jones and Omac has shown he is capable if not for injury.
Stocker will be fine. Just having a struggle at the moment after an interrupted preseason … lacking continuity.

Looking for cheap options for the wing, that can also play in other positions...

He's been playing wing/midfield/forward in the VFL and racking up huge numbers...

• Lachie Hunter
  • Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Karl Amon
  • Xavier Duursma

Duursma has the potential to be a very good player, puts his body on the line again and again. Must be in Hinckley’s bad book to be running around in the Magoos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Duursma has the potential to be a very good player, puts his body on the line again and again. Must be in Hinckley’s bad book to be running around in the Magoos.

Quite a fall from grace, he started his career with a bang.

If he's unhappy, I'd definitely be interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he is missing his favourite coach. Voss.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

• Lachie Hunter
  • Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Karl Amon
  • Xavier Duursma
Isn't Rhys the guy who is always throwing his head back when he gets tackled anywhere near the shoulders? He looked good in his junior videos, but turned into a ducker once he hit the big times.

Go back a couple of years, would you accept that for Weitering or Charlie?
One can dream, but you are right …. thinking about it aI think McKay would be a better prospect … North are in shambles, gonna lose their No.1 draft pick, gonna be bottom dwellers for a long, long time.

Ripe for the carcass to be cleaned of any tender morsels.

All depends on McKays loyalty, his love/hate for his brother and whether he wants to win a potential premiership.

I think he is gettable for that exact same price, if he asks to be traded.

2 first for him too plus a contract we won't be able to afford.
Ok you have shot me down twice now and as I only have respect for you I would love to pick your brain at what we should do regarding our backline woes?

McGov is an excellent addition but it’s obvious his body can’t handle AFL. Marchbank and McDonald in the same boat. Williams not fairing much better on the injury front. A few other unmentionable concerns.

In my opinion we need a durable interceptor in the mode of McGov and another KPD that can handle gorillas.

Our window is opening next year but we need to fix our back six. Carrying just too many injury prone (great) players but if they are more off the park than on what’s the point?

Cant draft them and wait for them to fill out, our time is this and next trade period.

We need a Lever and May like Melbourne did …. any ideas?

Ok you have shot me down twice now and as I only have respect for you I would love to pick your brain at what we should do regarding our backline woes?

McGov is an excellent addition but it’s obvious his body can’t handle AFL. Marchbank and McDonald in the same boat. Williams not fairing much better on the injury front. A few other unmentionable concerns.

In my opinion we need a durable interceptor in the mode of McGov and another KPD that can handle gorillas.

Our window is opening next year but we need to fix our back six. Carrying just too many injury prone (great) players but if they are more off the park than on what’s the point?

Cant draft them and wait for them to fill out, our time is this and next trade period.

Young and Weitering.

Sorry didn't mean to shoot you down. Just think we under estimate what it takes to get these young stars out of opposition teams. While I would love either McKay or Dekoning I just don't see it happening. In fact I think we are more likely to lose TDK then we are to gain SDK.

In my view we are okay regarding first team defenders. If one of Marchy or McGovern get right that is our third tall interceptor covered. Weitering can take the gorillas and Young can take the taller more athletic types. I actually think Young is a really good prospect as a KPD.

Whilst it would be great to have 2 star KPDs in reality you can't have stars on every line. We have Weitering as our star and just need a 2nd guy who can play his role (Young atm).

What we do need is depth in that department and depth that doesn't get injured all the time so that's what I would be looking at. Hopefully Durdin goes alright as he would be a start.

As far as our first team I reckon our biggest gap is wing and that is where we should spend our salary cap and trade currency if we are going to chase someone.

He seems to be on the outer, personally I would rather ask the question about him, than Amon… His brother is in this draft also…

He seems to be on the outer, personally I would rather ask the question about him rather than Amon… His brother is in this draft also…
I wonder what Port would ask for him? Similar situation to Dow in that he is a talented high pick but playing reserves which diminishes his value. He is better performed then Dow though at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back