Lynch (Richmond) V the Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

A win in this tribunal hearing for Essendon fans can replace the hollow void of 5000+ days without a finals win. Should change the thread marker to game day for bummers fans.

Absolute witch hunt - barely grazed his neck, virtually all contact in the chest. Hurley throws his head back and doesn’t get cited for staging - incredible.
melt.png

Staging by dirty opponent, who was trying to hit Lynch’s hand that was broken recently.
Thrown out as very low impact and to the upper chest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hahahahaha. Richmond supporters are hilarious.
Staging is what your players did. Grimes and Vlastuin.

Also, maybe you need a reminder that Lynch broke his right hand not his left hand. Keep clutching at straws.
Three dirty players cited in the one game.

Wonder what they'll assess at the tribunal. If it's assessed purely on this action, it probably wasn't worth more than a fine.

However, if they're assessing it on repeated behaviour (four fine-able incidents in four games), then it'll be interesting see what criteria they used to judge the penalty.

Such a strange way to deal with a fairly simple case...

It was clearly intentional

It was clearly high

it was clearly low impact

That is week... No more no less.

Except the Tribunal has been overruling the obvious ones when the players are big names and/or Brownlow favourites.

And striking charges have sometimes been considered Reckless even though the rules state all strikes are considered Intentional.

You would hope that they decide to apply some level of consistency.

Any reason why it was referred to the tribunal when there were no gradings? Is it because it is now numerous incidents?

Yeah I think they set a limit for how many times a player can be a ******* in a season.

Will get a game off for so many offences in such a short period of time you'd think.

Thats what im guessing. Has been pushing the line for the last few weeks now and we know the AFL want to rub out the unnecessary hits. My guess is that they'll classify it high, intentional and low impact for a week.

I do find this odd, why is this being sent to the tribunal and not charged on its merit? If it deserves a week, give it a week, if not, let him play.

This shouldn't go to the tribunal for this action.

It’s his third strike of the year.

Straight to the tribunal.

I don't think there was much in this one. Maybe fair enough to go to the tribunal if he actually offended again but this incident wasn't it. Reminds me of the Hawkins vs Ryan contact which ended up being nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing in it but perhaps with the accumulation of charges they will give him 1 for being an idiot. After his get of jail card last week why would you even bother doing something that attracts attention the very next week?

It will get thrown out on the grounds of self defence. Hurley was attacking Lynch's hand that was clearly taped up and swollen. Self defence is allowed, and it's exactly what Lynch used.

That's the defence I'd be using

Last edited:
I think the tribunal will go down the 3 strikes line that they used to have in regards to excessive minor charges .

So even though the contact with Hurley is not worth a week but probably a fine it is his 3rd fine for striking in 2 weeks + 1 fine for misconduct.

All the tribunal need to do is prove it is worth a fine and he will get a week through accumulation.

It seems suspension is the only way it will stop him from being a flog on the field

Could have copped him getting a week for the Collins charge as it was a bad look.
This one is not worth a week.
I find it odd that Hurley isn’t given a $500 fine for hitting Lynch on his injured hand.
There would be a dozen similar incidents across the weekend but the Lynch incident is plucked out? Due to media pressure?

The week before against GC, Collins whacked Short straight in the throat at a stoppage but it gets let go, I assume because he was angered by the Lynch incident prior.

The inconsistency is baffling.

Could have copped him getting a week for the Collins charge as it was a bad look.
This one is not worth a week.
I find it odd that Hurley isn’t given a $500 fine for hitting Lynch on his injured hand.
There would be a dozen similar incidents across the weekend but the Lynch incident is plucked out? Due to media pressure?

The week before against GC, Collins whacked Short straight in the throat at a stoppage but it gets let go, I assume because he was angered by the Lynch incident prior.

The inconsistency is baffling.
Christians decisions are based on which ones the media highlights. Very incompetent and should be replaced.

If this doesn’t get thrown out the afl is a laughing stock. Further to that Christian should be sacked for wasting the tribunals time looking at this.
Thrown out for what?

It was clearly a strike, high and low impact what of those do you disagree with? Should be an obvious 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back