Lynch (Richmond) V the Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think you should get a week for a shove to the chest you have no idea.
That is not a shove open the other eye mate... It is a strike every day of the week, it is also the neck not chest.

It will get thrown out on the grounds of self defence. Hurley was attacking Lynch's hand that was clearly taped up and swollen. Self defence is allowed, and it's exactly what Lynch used.

That's the defence I'd be using

Self defence is not a defence for hitting someone at the tribunal. Years ago Baker was suspended for multiple hits on Steve Johnson including hitting a hand he injured during the game he was playing in.

Johnson also copped a suspension for retaliation despite multiple provocations.

Why isn’t Hurly under scrutiny here? He was clearly attacking Lynch. What should Lynch do just stand there all arvo allowing his opponents to just keep whacking him.
Exactly. The fact Hurley has escape any scrutiny at all is a joke. I’m sure if the media highlighted his actions instead of lynch Christian would have fined him. It’s how he operates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant be suspended based on the evidence at hand - it looks like a shove to the chest in the footage. Hope the medias focus on previous incidents dont bias the decision. Richmond will appeal (and will get off) if there is any suspension.

Previous incident with Collins was clearly an open hand if you look closely at the footage - you can see his hand open as he swings it around.

this is an absolute joke.The afl is fooked if Lynch gets rubbed out for this. Jeezus,supporters are walking out the door and this is why.I am sick to death of these decisions made that the layperson can see is fooked.
Hear hear

Even netball is tougher than the Footy these days. Next we’ll be wearing skirts and not allowing any contact. I’m switching to rugby

Ok maybe I won’t go that far...

Hate Richmond all you want... and yeah it’s palpable and a natural byproduct of our Recent success.

But I can’t see how any footy supporter would condone this being suspension worthy. Imagine it’s your team’s key forward... you’re ok with him being suspended for the kind of shove that happened every quarter of everY game? Footy is a contact sport. This is the nature of contact sports. Was Hurley hurt or injured? Not in the slightest. This isn’t even free kick worthy

Cant be suspended based on the evidence at hand - it looks like a shove to the chest in the footage. Hope the medias focus on previous incidents dont bias the decision. Richmond will appeal (and will get off) if there is any suspension.

Previous incident with Collins was clearly an open hand if you look closely at the footage - you can see his hand open as he swings it around.

There are two assessments to be made

Firstly - does his action constitute a reportable offence.

Secondly - if it does, does the cumulative nature of his offences warrant a suspension.

If it falls over at the first hurdle - then that is where it stops. I'd have no issue with it stopping there with no fine or suspension.

If it happens to be found reportable - I'd actually hope they do suspend him - 4 reports inside a year is poor form.

Hate Richmond all you want... and yeah it’s palpable and a natural byproduct of our Recent success.

But I can’t see how any footy supporter would condone this being suspension worthy. Imagine it’s your team’s key forward... you’re ok with him being suspended for the kind of shove that happened every quarter of everY game? Footy is a contact sport. This is the nature of contact sports. Was Hurley hurt or injured? Not in the slightest. This isn’t even free kick worthy

The tribunal is a lotto.

Secondly - if it does, does the cumulative nature of his offences warrant a suspension.

If it falls over at the first hurdle - then that is where it stops. I'd have no issue with it stopping there with no fine or suspension.

If it happens to be found reportable - I'd actually hope they do suspend him - 4 reports inside a year is poor form.
Wonder why ? Hmmm Thursday...right

Precedence has never been a defence at the tribunal, so by the same rules you can't use precedence to increase a fine

I find your free kick point key. It could be a free kick technically but I would roll my eyes if it were given.
That to me says a fine and especially a suspension would be ludicrous.
I would be pissed off like I usually am
If this was Hawkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back