Gaming Madden 18

Connected Franchise or Tournament

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's gameplay already

EA havent released any gameplay yet. only some youtubers have offscreen footage from E3 which was still Alpha builds.
I dont think EA have shown gameplay for years other than from deals with some streamers.

Im going to order the GOAT from PSN, just been hoping for a spend $100 get $15 back deal soon.

EA havent released any gameplay yet. only some youtubers have offscreen footage from E3 which was still Alpha builds.
I dont think EA have shown gameplay for years other than from deals with some streamers.

Im going to order the GOAT from PSN, just been hoping for a spend $100 get $15 back deal soon.

Yep GOAT edition not avail physically in Aus afaik. Apparently usually there's gameplay mid July at the latest, obviously nothing yet which I think is a worry. I'll still buy and enjoy regardless.

Whats the difference between GOAT and regular?

Whats the difference between GOAT and regular?

3 days early and Extra Ultimate Team stuff, if you don't play that it's not worth paying the extra $.

$50 in additional value including three days of early, full-game access to Madden NFL 18: G.OA.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today’s NFL superstars and legends.

Is there offline modes for UT? I've never played Madden online but just know I'd get belted haha.

Yeah, I mostly play the Solo Challenges tbh.

There's a shitload of Solo stuff.

Usually that's a fair call but this year there was the engine change so it's a little more than an update. Expecting CFM to be the exact same though probably sans one feature that they can bring back later.

Sooooo lazy that they don't even change the menu design or the scoreboard etc., it changes the feel of a game so much and they're just too lazy to do something as simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually that's a fair call but this year there was the engine change so it's a little more than an update. Expecting CFM to be the exact same though probably sans one feature that they can bring back later.

Sooooo lazy that they don't even change the menu design or the scoreboard etc., it changes the feel of a game so much and they're just too lazy to do something as simple as that.
Like others have been saying, I don't see a difference whatsoever. There MIGHT be slight differences inside the engine, PATCHING errors, giving more coaching options on how your CPU plays Defense, some new animations, but largely, it's the same Madden I've been seeing since 2005. The LOOK and FEEL of the action itself, like bowling balls knocking into each other, running around like ants, etc. All Pro 2K8 had the best LOOK and FEEL still....much smoother and more realistic, they resembled actual humans in their movements, forward progress, getting knocked off balance, etc etc.

Like others have been saying, I don't see a difference whatsoever. There MIGHT be slight differences inside the engine, PATCHING errors, giving more coaching options on how your CPU plays Defense, some new animations, but largely, it's the same Madden I've been seeing since 2005. The LOOK and FEEL of the action itself, like bowling balls knocking into each other, running around like ants, etc. All Pro 2K8 had the best LOOK and FEEL still....much smoother and more realistic, they resembled actual humans in their movements, forward progress, getting knocked off balance, etc etc.
Graphics will be the biggest difference this year, i dont know if they rebuilt the mechanics or ported them from Ignite and plan on slowly remaking them.

but AI sounds like an improvement mostly more QB throws and improved WR/DB mechanics. I just wish they could have blocking like NCAA 12 had that was the best run blocking in a game ever.

New Frostbite engine. But still looks the same.
I know its moved to frostbite, i dont know how good that scales for sport games. but can be a c**t to work with.

they might of had to remake the mechanics if it was hard to port them over from Ignite and just kept them basically the same. I wonder if it will have defined play areas yet for catches, because im sick of challenging a play that was caught inbounds and having it not over turned because they cant program the sidelines right for some plays.

I know its moved to frostbite, i dont know how good that scales for sport games. but can be a campaigner to work with.

they might of had to remake the mechanics if it was hard to port them over from Ignite and just kept them basically the same. I wonder if it will have defined play areas yet for catches, because im sick of challenging a play that was caught inbounds and having it not over turned because they cant program the sidelines right for some plays.

New engine = play it safe porting over for the first year, then play with engine capabilities in year 2.
M18 = M17 therefore....just added some patches to some things, added some new features, voila, same game with some tweaks (year 1 of frostbite).

New engine = play it safe porting over for the first year, then play with engine capabilities in year 2.
M18 = M17 therefore....just added some patches to some things, added some new features, voila, same game with some tweaks (year 1 of frostbite).

Its not always easy to port everything over to a new engine. IIRC they had issues when they started using Ignite.

Frostbite already has assets in it from the Fifa games that they can base some of the mechanics off if it was harder to port.

You are understating what a move in game engines can be and normally is, but with it being a yearly franchise it can take a few years to get it where it should be now. But sometimes studios will start building in the engine early. Like they could of started moving things into Frostbite after madden 15 when EA told them they are moving all the sport titles to frostbite between 2016 and 2018. Which might be why stadiums havent been updated much the last 2 games.

There is no playing safe with frostbite, the engine is great when it works well but is hard to optimize, even worse on a small timeframe. It was one of the biggest reasons why Mass Effect turned out so bad.

There is a huge chance this madden will be the most broken one ever. and they wont fix any of it other than MUT since thats where the money is, and why i can see sport games becoming GAAS in the next 10 years and only releasing new ones with overhauls of main features.

I'm expecting that. Why no gameplay imo. They're s**t-scared at the moment realizing it's a landmine of a game needing tons of patches over the course of 2017.

EA havent shown gameplay themselves for years, they might have a twitch stream when the early access starts a few days before the game comes out, but that will likely only be MUT. they might also give a youtuber hands on with some gameplay videos, but they have been still alpha builds in past years.

Most sports games dont show much other than MLB the show before release.
The game will go gold in the next week or so, and then we might see something from a streamer, but they might also put a NDA on it for when early access starts.

Sorry, what does GAAS mean?

Even with it potentially being bad, I think it's still worth it for me. My last Madden was 15 (where I can still use McCoy :'() so I'm due an upgrade.

It won't be bad.

It's just the same thing every year about it being not a massive jump in this and that, and it never will be while they have no real competition.

Back