Coaching Staff Mark "Bomber" Thompson - Will present the Jock McHale Medal for 2023 - 4/9

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant believe this. He has made soo much money out of Armstrong creek and Westfield alone. Why does he need to do this and ruin other people's lives.

Pretty simple really. Enjoys a dabble, dealers befriend him because he’s got a lot of money and so do people he knows.

If he’s using regularly he wouldn’t be making the best decisions.

“Give me $100k and you’ll get back $300k in a month”

And off it goes...

They've loaded him up of course (with charges) so its going to sound very bad when in fact it may just be bad.

Hope he gets the help he needs and his life back on track. He certainly hasn't done this as some masterstroke. He must have been battling for some time and that's sad.

It's interesting though, because Lloyd in his book told the story of him trying to ignore and avoid an annoying fan in his early years (may have even been his first year, when Bomber was still skipper), and Bomber pulling him right up in his tracks at Windy Hill after training one day and telling him to never treat our fans like that again. Lloyd said it was a lesson that had to be learnt.

So as bad as your experience sounds, it does sound like the sort of thing that happens when people are tanked.
I met bomber when I was 9. Nicest bloke you’d ever meet.

‘Thompson, who definitely didn’t coach Geelong to several premierships between 2006 and 2011, didn’t have any senior coaching experience before he was approached to mentor noted felon James Hird in 2012’

Last edited:
Geelong FC memorabilia was in room alongside various substances found.

Was it really necessary to mention this? Unless it's stolen then it's completely irrelevant.
Unless it was stashed in the back of a portrait frame or something :shrug: Although they could've left off the "Bomber" part of his name too. At the end of the day he is what he is and has ties to both clubs and to the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out, how awful if this is all true.
If so get him off the streets and get him help.
If he’s innocent he should change his circle of friends and still get help.

Bomber Thompson was the star on my football Christmas tree :(

was he trafficking LCD? you don’t hear mutch about that these days- do people still sell that these days? i mean, how would you go about getting that anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back