Player Watch Mark Keane - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

He strikes me as someone who is your 3rd tall. When Murray comes back, Keane can move to the next best tall forward and Butts the 3rd. That will probably find a better balance within our defensive unit as well. And then we can Worrell, Hinge and Max around them.
Butts would surely get destroyed by the more mobile 3rd talls

Murray for Butts seems like the obvious answer, Murray is just straight up better as a 1v1 defender and generally gives more confidence with ball in hand

Butts would surely get destroyed by the more mobile 3rd talls

Murray for Butts seems like the obvious answer, Murray is just straight up better as a 1v1 defender and generally gives more confidence with ball in hand

Last year when we were at our defensive peak before all the injuries, Butts did show some good intercept abilities as a 2nd-3rd tall player into the contest. I can see him as that floating intercept tall.

Yeah Butts is struggling it appears. Is he playing injured? Always looks hampered like Talia did in his latter career. However he's the one who usually gets a monster to cover.

Butts seems to be perennially injured. He goes down injured almost every match he plays.

Nobody questions his toughness, but it's not ideal.

At this point I'd have him well behind Keane, and in a tie with Borlase. Certainly don't see any room for him once Murray is back. Handy depth player if he's willing to stick around, but not a best 22 player.

Butts seems to be perennially injured. He goes down injured almost every match he plays.

Nobody questions his toughness, but it's not ideal.

At this point I'd have him well behind Keane, and in a tie with Borlase. Certainly don't see any room for him once Murray is back. Handy depth player if he's willing to stick around, but not a best 22 player.

Agreed. Butts served us well during our darkest years, but for us to improve further, he will be 3rd choice behind Murray and Keane.

I have a small panic attack every time Butts gets the ball, and his defending can be suspect.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really like him. Plays like most Irish players, really aggressive with moving the ball.

I feel comfortable with the ball in is hands, which is such a valuable trait for a tall defender.

I seem to recall he started on Curnow, was keeping him quiet then moved to Mackay when he got hot.

Curnow then seemed to get on top and Mackay's impact lessened

This could be incorrect as I was quite inebriated at that point.

I seem to recall he started on Curnow, was keeping him quiet then moved to Mackay when he got hot.

Curnow then seemed to get on top and Mackay's impact lessened

This could be incorrect as I was quite inebriated at that point.

He's kept KPF's quiet all season, but McKay and Curnow got a good luck in, and were helped by some dodgy free kicks and floaters. Overall he did quite well i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Northern Irish wife can’t understand a word he says.
I'd be getting her medical attention.

Just rewatched his presser, understood every word that he said. It's just a stocko Irish accent. People acting like he's speaking that weird gypsy english that Brad Pitt was doing in Snatch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back