Toast Presidency and The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you 76woodenspooners

One of BigFooty’s all-time-favourite posters, Reykjavik , was all across the board level stuff. He once posted a list of the responsibilities of a Not-For-Profit board like that of Collingwood …

abcdef.....ijklmnop

NFP board responsibilities
Specific responsibilities of a not-for-profit (NFP) board include:

• Driving the strategic direction of the organisation
  • Working with the CEO to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation's strategic objectives
  • Implementing, maintaining and (as necessary) refining a system of good governance that is appropriate for the organisation
  • Reviewing reports and monitoring the performance of the organisation
  • Regularly reviewing the board's structure and composition, so that these are appropriate for the organisation
  • Appointing – and managing the performance of – a suitable CEO
  • Succession planning for the CEO
While the above points are also applicable to for-profit boards, NFP boards also face a unique range of issues, such as:

• Difficulties in defining and measuring organisational effectiveness
  • Transgression of role boundaries
  • The negative impact of the structural compositions of some NFP boards, including those arising from representative models
  • Funding dependencies and constraints

In practice, the role of the board is to supervise an organisation's business in two broad areas:

1. Overall business performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements strategies and supporting policies to enable it to fulfill the objectives set out in the organisation's constitution. The board delegates the day to day management of the organisation but remains accountable to the shareholders for the organisation's performance. The board monitors and supports management in an on-going way.
  2. Overall compliance performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements systems to enable it to comply with its legal and policy obligations (complying with statutes such as the Corporations Act 2001, adhering to accounting standards) and ensure the organisation's assets are protected through appropriate risk management.

http://www.companydirectors.com.au/...ctor/NFP-governance/The-role-of-the-NFP-board

Link to original post …

For me it’s become a simple case of I know what we have and whilst I don’t know what a new board will bring, I’m fed up with a the current one
Its time to change the entire place and bring in a fresh approach.
I want to see what someone else can do because I’ve seen the current setup and it’s a disaster.

which part of what Panahi wrote do you disagree with ?

Can’t say I’m a fan of hers, but at least she calls it as she sees it, without worrying of the woke police

I call it as I see it as well, without fear of woke police or reactionary outrage.

She's just another one who took issue with Behrendt because she's not the 'right' kind of Indigenous activist.

Panahi brings as much insight to these issues as Robbo brings to the discussion of footy. It's an insult to anyone who knows anything and it's boring.

How does everyone feel knowing that the Beams deal and the trading away of Stephenson/Treloar/Phillips “never went to a vote”?

Of the board? Actually prefer the board stay out of the footy department. If Ed had done the same we likely never would have had Beams and all the dynamics change after that.

refresh coaching panel (probably will happen) ✔

“Probably will happen” doesn’t seem like a different direction to me & that is where I see a big part of the problem. Something must happen with the coaching panel and it is overdue.

Nothing will happen in-season. Replacements are all committed to their current roles.

I call it as I see it as well, without fear of woke police or reactionary outrage.

She's just another one who took issue with Behrendt because she's not the 'right' kind of Indigenous activist.

Panahi brings as much insight to these issues as Robbo brings to the discussion of footy. It's an insult to anyone who knows anything and it's boring.
Rarely see you take aim at the left of the aisle - almost always @ conservative voices.

So not sure you play without 'fear of woke police'.

Rarely see you take aim at the left of the aisle - almost always @ conservative voices.

So not sure you play without 'fear of woke police'.

One question might be: how often do you bother to jab a jibe at anyone other than a stereotypical leftie?

But that's too defensive.

I've put out more than a few posts which indicate my concerns with and distaste for the excesses of cancel culture, and the creation of a so-called 'progressive' environment but one where ideas eventually dry up and die.

Those posts are around if you want a more nuanced sense of where I'm coming from, personally and politically.

Again, I'll call things as I see them according to my own perspective on the world. Imagine that you'll do the same.

One question might be: how often do you bother to jab a jibe at anyone other than a stereotypical leftie?

But that's too defensive.

I've put out more than a few posts which indicate my concerns with and distaste for the excesses of cancel culture, and the creation of a so-called 'progressive' environment but one where ideas eventually dry up and die.

Those posts are around if you want a more nuanced sense of where I'm coming from, personally and politically.

Again, I'll call things as I see them according to my own perspective on the world. Imagine that you'll do the same.
I would consider myself in similar parlance - I've made it clear in my fed govt. disapproval of the painfully slow vaccine roll-out. If only there were more centrist perspectives....

FWIW I thought your response was well surmised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would consider myself in similar parlance - I've made it clear in my fed govt. disapproval of the painfully slow vaccine roll-out. If only there were more centrist perspectives....

FWIW I thought your response was well surmised.

Not sure if we're ready to share a lockdown together, not yet, but you and me ain't so different after all!

Not sure if we're ready to share a lockdown together, not yet, but you and me ain't so different after all!
Reading an exchange of posts which end in detente is really disappointing and goes against everything that BigFooty means to me. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Now go back to your corners and come out swinging.

Reading an exchange of posts which end in detente is really disappointing and goes against everything that BigFooty means to me. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Now go back to your corners and come out swinging.

I like to consider myself artsy and edgy.

Beneath this sophisticated exterior, though, there will always be the young bloke who grew up on 1980s movies which were obliged to have a happy ending.

I'll always be a Goonie.

Now give me a cuddle and let's walk away from the camera as the credits roll on.

I like to consider myself artsy and edgy.

Beneath this sophisticated exterior, though, there will always be the young bloke who grew up on 1980s movies which were obliged to have a happy ending.

I'll always be a Goonie.

Now give me a cuddle and let's walk away from the camera as the credits roll on.
Reckon you might be more like the idealistic dumb guy in Gallipoli who dropped his rifle whilst running into machine gun fire because he thought it was the right thing to do.

Reckon you might be more like the idealistic dumb guy in Gallipoli who dropped his rifle whilst running into machine gun fire because he thought it was the right thing to do.

I'm flattered, I think. Always the idealist.

I re-watched that a couple of years ago, but can't remember the idealistic dumb guy. He didn't resonate, obviously.

When I watch a film like that, I'm more struck by the fact that anyone would volunteer for the horror. Half the blokes of service age didn't sign up, and I can't help but think that I would have stayed home and been heckled by old women for cowardice instead.

EX-Channel 9 boss Jeff Browne has declared his intention to take over the presidency of the Collingwood Football Club.
Speaking for the first time publicly about his bid to claim the top job at the Holden Centre, Browne, 66, said it was time for a “revitalised” direction at Australia’s most famous sporting club.
But in an attempt to avoid a bloody extraordinary general meeting, Browne last night told the Herald Sun he will first approach sitting Pies president Mark Korda to negotiate a peaceful handover.
Watch the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Every match of every round Live on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
Jeff Browne is mounting a Collingwood board challenge.

Jeff Browne is mounting a Collingwood board challenge.
Browne’s ticket will demand four of the club’s seven board seats and allow three current directors to stay.

can't post Full Article

Remove this Banner Ad

Back