Shield Match 3: Queensland vs Tasmania, Allan Border Field, Thurday 6th-Sunday 9th October, 11:30 AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Second last on average points per game last year Queensland will be hoping to start the year off with a bang against Tasmania, who welcome former test captain Tim Paine for his first class return from over a year out. The Bulls have named a strong squad, lead by test opener Usman Khawaja.

Queensland squad: James Bazley, Joe Burns, Jack Clayton, Blake Edwards, Usman Khawaja (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Gurinder Sandhu, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street, Mitchell Swepson

Tasmania squad: Jackson Bird, Jake Doran, Jarrod Freeman, Caleb Jewell, Riley Meredith, Ben McDermott, Tim Paine, Sam Rainbird, Peter Siddle, Jordan Silk (c), Charlie Wakim, Tim Ward, Beau Webster

Possible sides:

Queensland vs Tasmania

Khawaja (c) vs Jewell
Street vs Ward
Labuschagne vs Doran
Burns vs McDermott
Renshaw vs Silk (c)
Peirson (+) vs Paine (+)
Clayton vs Webster
Neser vs Siddle
Steketee vs Bird
Swepson vs Rainbird
Edwards vs Meredith

I think Queensland has the stronger batting so I see them winning it

Rainbird instead of Lawrence Neil-Smith is interesting. Giving Rainbird the nod perhaps due to being a left armer and/or his last shield game epic performance.

Assume Allan Border field will favour pace.

I wonder if Nathan Ellis is rested on orders from CA due to T20 world cup kicking off soon...

Swepsom has been called in to the Aus T20 squad according to channel 7 in Qld, Kuhnemann in to the bulls squad.

Street missing out is a huge surprise
Burns on his last chance here, has barely hit one off the square in premier cricket yet this season, Street made 177no last weekend and 134 a few weeks before that. Street is hard done by.

Burns on his last chance here, has barely hit one off the square in premier cricket yet this season, Street made 177no last weekend and 134 a few weeks before that. Street is hard done by.
I'm shocked you don't move Burns into the middle order. He can bat anywhere.

Would take Clayton over Burns right now. For whatever reason our selectors are terrified to only go in with 4 main bowlers.
Early in the year in Queensland it's strange. Think Tassie have the right balance.

Rainbird instead of Lawrence Neil-Smith is interesting. Giving Rainbird the nod perhaps due to being a left armer and/or his last shield game epic performance.

Assume Allan Border field will favour pace.

I wonder if Nathan Ellis is rested on orders from CA due to T20 world cup kicking off soon...

Ellis is into the Aussie squad for an upcoming T20.

Street missing out is a real shock, would've thought they could go without Bazley for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usman shouldnt be in the slips. Dropping a couple. Hope they dont persist with him in the cordon for Aus like last summer.

Back