Shield Game 2: South Australia vs Victoria, Karen Rolton Oval, Thursday 6th-Sunday 9th October, 11 am AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

South Australia host last year's runners up in the first round of the Shield, the two sides having a history of high scoring draws over the past few seasons. Victoria will head in as favourites, but there will be concerns on either side being able to get 20 wickets on a deck that is usually pretty placid, especially early in the year.

South Australian squad: Wes Agar, Jordan Buckingham, Jake Carder, Alex Carey (wk), Harry Conway, David Grant, Travis Head (c), Henry Hunt, Jake Lehmann, Ben Manenti, Nathan McSweeney, Jake Weatherald

Victorian squad: Scott Boland, Travis Dean, Peter Handscomb (c), Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, Todd Murphy, Fergus O’Neill, Mitch Perry, Will Pucovski, Matt Short, Will Sutherland

Possible sides:

South Australia:

Hunt
Weatherald
Carder
Head (c)
Lehmann
McSweeney
Carey (+)
Manenti
Agar
Grant
Conway

Victoria:

Pucovski
Harris
Handscomb
Maddinson
Short
Harper (+)
Sutherland
Perry
Murphy
Boland
Holland

I see Victoria playing the extra spinner over O'Neill right now, more likely to take wickets.

AO or Karen Rolton?

As an aside. That's a weak as * squad from SA.
Another 5th-6th finish you'd think this summer.
Karen Rolton, sorry. Will update the thread title

AO or Karen Rolton?

As an aside. That's a weak as * squad from SA.
Another 5th-6th finish you'd think this summer.
- Replace Agar and Grant with McAndrew and Doggett (both injured) and it’s a strong pace attack.

- Head and Carey two of the top 7 from the test side.

- Hunt and Weatherald is a good opening partnership - particularly if Weatherald can rediscover his best.

- Manenti gets first crack at the spinner spot. Interested to see how he goes.

- Need some fringe bats to really make middle order positions their own.

- Replace Agar and Grant with McAndrew and Doggett (both injured) and it’s a strong pace attack.

- Head and Carey two of the top 7 from the test side.

- Hunt and Weatherald is a good opening partnership - particularly if Weatherald can rediscover his best.

- Manenti gets first crack at the spinner spot. Interested to see how he goes.

- Need some fringe bats to really make middle order positions their own.
Grant wasn't too bad last year. And I still think you'd be better playing McAndrew at 7.

"Travis Head is a bit better than a part timer". No. He isn't. He has a FC bowling average of 65 and a strikerate of 101. He is a s**t bowler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did get a chuckle from this too. But how many test 4fas do you have ;)
In fairness, I bowl second change in the 5th XI of my local club. I'm speaking from experience.

That looked out to me, not sure what Handscomb was sooking about.
Hit him outside the line. Look at the behind the stumps replay. Pretty clear.

Back