Shield Game 2: South Australia vs Victoria, Karen Rolton Oval, Thursday 6th-Sunday 9th October, 11 am AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictable score for Carder.

Can we please replace him with a proper south Aussie now? What’s the odds McSweeney let’s us down too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predictable score for Carder.

Can we please replace him with a proper south Aussie now? What’s the odds McSweeney let’s us down too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They won't drop him - he's a gun interstate recruit and Nielsen will look even more stupid if they drop him. Averages 22.5 since he hit that ton in Round 1 last season. Too bad Drew or Kelly (injured at the moment but that's due to yet more incompetence from the Redbacks fitness staff) won't get a look in - wouldn't be surprised if they end up moving states eventually.

Need McAndrew back purely to strengthen the tail. Agar should not be at 8.
Yeah, allows you to play Manenti as a bowler if he comes in for either McSweeney or Carder. Surprised Agar is at 8 honestly, thought it would be Drew. Conway and Buckingham aren't much chop with the stick

Yeah, allows you to play Manenti as a bowler if he comes in for either McSweeney or Carder. Surprised Agar is at 8 honestly, thought it would be Drew. Conway and Buckingham aren't much chop with the stick

Was more thinking McAndrew for a bowler, I can't say I rate McSweeney, would rather Kelly if fit or Drew. McSweeneys bowling is no better than Head's.

Going back a few years and our tail was actually half decent with Mennie, Sayers, Richardson, Zampa et al.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was more thinking McAndrew for a bowler, I can't say I rate McSweeney, would rather Kelly if fit or Drew. McSweeneys bowling is no better than Head's.

Going back a few years and our tail was actually half decent with Mennie, Sayers, Richardson, Zampa et al.
Just me but I still think you really need that 5th bowler. Your best XI for me is:

Hunt
??? (Weatherald a bit inconsistent)
McSweeney/Carder
Head
Drew
Carey (+)
McAndrew
Manenti
Doggett
Conway
Agar/Drew/Buckingham

Just me but I still think you really need that 5th bowler. Your best XI for me is:

Hunt
??? (Weatherald a bit inconsistent)
McSweeney/Carder
Head
Drew
Carey (+)
McAndrew
Manenti
Doggett
Conway
Agar/Drew/Buckingham

Probably about right, but then we're a batsman short. Weatherald is still best XI for me as frustrating as he is. Carder can stay 3, again not a huge fan.

Probably about right, but then we're a batsman short. Weatherald is still best XI for me as frustrating as he is. Carder can stay 3, again not a huge fan.
To win you need to be able to take 20 wickets. McAndrew is good enough for 7 for me

He's looking awkward doing it, but he's making a few runs here.

E: Immediately out
Thanks for that.

Going to be interesting to see how we go without Boland or Pattinson when Scotty's on Australia duties. Either have to go for spinning decks and play Holland/Murphy as a pair or we should look to invest in Zak Evans, purely because of the extra pace he generates.

the-simpsons-krusty-the-clown.gif

Back