Shield Game 2: South Australia vs Victoria, Karen Rolton Oval, Thursday 6th-Sunday 9th October, 11 am AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

36 overs and one campaigner to stop us from winning

It's going to be tight
Hunt will have to face 150 balls for them to be any chance of saving this at a minimum. Their tail is very brittle.

Hunt could very well unfortunately end up stranded in the 90s either way.
If they're 9 down I'd be telling him to try to get it.

Do these commentators realise that it's on overs, not time? There's 14 overs left.

I'd bring Sutherland and Boland on and just bowl them out. They're our most dangerous, just get them in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holland is a decent first class spinner but Day 4 here and not turning it at all. Shows one of the problems with this pitch - it just doesn't deteriorate. Once the moisture (if there is any) disappears at the start of the game there's just nothing there for bowlers. Should be getting some turn by Day 4, some wear and tear on the pitch, inconsistent bounce. Instead it looks like you could bat all day out there.

Victoria may indeed still win so it would be a "result pitch" from that respect but that's more down to our ineptitude

Do these commentators realise that it's on overs, not time? There's 14 overs left.

I'd bring Sutherland and Boland on and just bowl them out. They're our most dangerous, just get them in there
Is it a minimum of 14 overs?

Bingo. It's mind numbing, isn't it? Cannot win the game, the sole exercise is to survive .... and someone gets run out. :rolleyes:
Never happy, are you? Hunt has played brilliantly and you're probably going to get the draw but you're still whinging.

Back