Shield Game 2: South Australia vs Victoria, Karen Rolton Oval, Thursday 6th-Sunday 9th October, 11 am AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Something I don't get. It's been clear all session that Hunt wasn't going to take an early single, runs weren't an issue, why isn't the tactic to just continue to try to get him out? Get everyone up, make him take a risk to get the single.

Getting run out on a quick a single when you're trying to bat out the draw is pretty bloody stupid.
When you're not confident against the bowler and you're trying to get the batsman on strike then it's understandable.
Great knock, another string to Hunt's bow.
I would have thought it was already part of his bow honestly.

Nah. He had enough balls to get it and they don't give out gifts in Shield cricket. Great knock from Hunt, full of grit. Needs to push his average over 40 to be considered playing for Australia. IMO Renshaw is a better player than him.
What's the issue with bowling two more and letting him get it?

Should have declared earlier

Great innings from Hunt hope he gets a ton

Yes, I was thinking at the time as the lead climbed to 375 that there was no way Redbacks would have made the runs. Easy in retrospect, but I do think Victoria batted way too long their 2nd Innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I was thinking at the time as the lead climbed to 375 that there was no way Redbacks would have made the runs. Easy in retrospect, but I do think Victoria batted way too long their 2nd Innings.

Yep extra hour or so would have been handy. 375 was never going to be chased let alone 400 plus or whatever it was.

Didn't really have the same competition as Hunt. Both Warner and Khawaja average over 45 in test cricket.
Sure but that's irrelevant to whether he can succeed at the level or not

Previous benchmarks of yesteryear don't necessarily exist anymore

Back