Shield Match 8: Victoria vs New South Wales, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Friday 05/11-Monday 09/11/2021, 10:30 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Difficult pitch to bat on so 300 in front isn't getting chased down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the Vic quicks credit where due. Led by the terrific James Pattinson they all bowled at the stumps and nailed their length to perfection. Did the Blues. Our bowling coach is a waste of space.

I'd sure like Pete Handscomb to find his best form as that may just solve our captaincy conundrum. He has improved his technigue since his Test sacking and at 30 is still in his prime. Would fit in as opener or our middle order very neatly.

I really don't think Handscomb is cut out to average anymore than mid 30s at test level.

You are telling every one on BF Australia should open with Khawaja and he does not open for his state either.

He has done it for Australia big difference and averages 80+ when batting there

Bryce McGain's commentary is about as good as that time he got hammered bowling pies against the Boks. ****house!

His bowling was better!

I really don't think Handscomb is cut out to average anymore than mid 30s at test level.

The horse has bolted now but he really needed to work on his keeping and become a genuine keeper bat at 6 or 7

Who did Dan Solway piss off to get shafted from the NSW contract list for this bunch? None of these NSW kids look ready for Shield cricket. Solway wasn't the prettiest on the eye but he was gritty and years of grade cricket runs against men had him ready for Shield almost immediately. Sangha has had chances on and off for 4 years now and he still can't mix cut itt this level.

Who did Dan Solway piss off to get shafted from the NSW contract list for this bunch? None of these NSW kids look ready for Shield cricket. Solway wasn't the prettiest on the eye but he was gritty and years of grade cricket runs against men had him ready for Shield almost immediately. Sangha has had chances on and off for 4 years now and he still can't mix cut itt this level.

Did nothing last year himself

Back