Mathias Cormann, don't let the door slam on your way out.

Remove this Banner Ad

am pretty positive that cormann has contorbuted more positively as a migrant to the improvent of aus than the op has
I've vomited in my sleep twice and lived to tell the tale, which is still an improvement anything he's managed to do in Parliament.

In all seriousness, Cormann is pretty well respected across the spectrum as a very effective minister. He and Penny Wong have long had a very strong working relationship, and they both speak of each other highly.

I deeply dislike his politics, but I also think his talent is not easily replaced on the front bench.
His wife just became head of the Bar association in Wa.

He'll be ok.
He had lined up a few lucrative gigs before the last election, when the Coalition was expected to lose.

Whilst I’m sure a major factor in his resignation is a lack of appetite to deal with the budget mess, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was also partially triggered by his mates telling him they couldn’t wait any longer for him to s**t or get off the pot.

In all seriousness, Cormann is pretty well respected across the spectrum as a very effective minister. He and Penny Wong have long had a very strong working relationship, and they both speak of each other highly.

I deeply dislike his politics, but I also think his talent is not easily replaced on the front bench.

He had lined up a few lucrative gigs before the last election, when the Coalition was expected to lose.

Whilst I’m sure a major factor in his resignation is a lack of appetite to deal with the budget mess, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was also partially triggered by his mates telling him they couldn’t wait any longer for him to sh*t or get off the pot.
His CV wasnt going to look any better if he hangs around
He loves cold cruel austerity and probably cant stomach having to spend more to stimulate too

His CV wasnt going to look any better if he hangs around
He loves cold cruel austerity and probably cant stomach having to spend more to stimulate too
For a man who was brought up in a welfare family he's sure keen to make sure others aren't protected like he was.

Not too much given you vocally reelected his party last year.
Honestly? My political beliefs, my vote, and my support in a given election seldom align.

My politics are a bit all over the place and it’s hard for me to find a home in any modern party. My favourite PM is Alfred Deakin, if that tells you anything.

My vote generally goes to whoever will benefit most on a tactical basis. I have always lived in safe electorates, and I have always preferenced against the party who holds the seat - Coalition or Labor, doesn’t matter. #1 and my $2.80 of funding goes to the local independent who does the best job of holding the major candidates accountable - god knows they need it in this system.

My support generally goes to whichever party promises me personally the best financial outcome. I look at the policies, crunch the numbers, and endorse whoever has the best number on the spreadsheet. I will then preference them in the senate behind whichever independents I like and think the major parties can work with on the policies that benefit me. I’m sorry - I know that’s really bad and part of the problem, but I’m too cynical about politics to do otherwise.

In Cormann’s case I despise Christian conservatives, but I dislike losing several thousand dollars out of my income more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is to acknowledge the blow in from Belgium's achievements in public life, and the hard work he's done to earn his generous pension. I'll start.
1. Not being able to count to forty five.

Over to you Big Footy.

He's been a very significant figure in Australian politics, he's been true to his values," Mr Burke told Sky News' Sunday Agenda program.
"In negotiations, to my knowledge, he's been someone who has been an honest broker."

Seems well regarded, as is Mike Kelly.

No chance of the peanut gallery running out of peanuts.

Honestly? My political beliefs, my vote, and my support in a given election seldom align.

My politics are a bit all over the place and it’s hard for me to find a home in any modern party. My favourite PM is Alfred Deakin, if that tells you anything.

My vote generally goes to whoever will benefit most on a tactical basis. I have always lived in safe electorates, and I have always preferenced against the party who holds the seat - Coalition or Labor, doesn’t matter. #1 and my $2.80 of funding goes to the local independent who does the best job of holding the major candidates accountable - god knows they need it in this system.

My support generally goes to whichever party promises me personally the best financial outcome. I look at the policies, crunch the numbers, and endorse whoever has the best number on the spreadsheet. I will then preference them in the senate behind whichever independents I like and think the major parties can work with on the policies that benefit me. I’m sorry - I know that’s really bad and part of the problem, but I’m too cynical about politics to do otherwise.

In Cormann’s case I despise Christian conservatives, but I dislike losing several thousand dollars out of my income more.
I don't agree with most of that, but it's reasonable.

One can only hope it’s Michaelia next. As a West Aussie I apologise for the embarrassment.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

One thing in Michaelas favour is shes pretty good with white boards.

As an Fyi, i hear its more likely to be Goodenough going as his health is the opposite of his last name.

This thread is to acknowledge the blow in from Belgium's achievements in public life, and the hard work he's done to earn his generous pension. I'll start.
1. Not being able to count to forty five.

Over to you Big Footy.

Compared to a blow in from Zimbabwe, whose public life achievements have been toking on the couch and talking s**t on a website, I reckon he's done alright.

One can only hope it’s Michaelia next. As a West Aussie I apologise for the embarrassment.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Don't apologize mate, I'm a native Tasmanian by birth and we (Tasmania) continually dish up Abetz.........oh, the shame and humiliation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back