McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news. So great in fact I decided to paint the wall of the building across the street...

n5ZB1NI.png

Early call but he strikes me as someone who loves his mates and a good culture over coin.
How is that an early call? He signed!

Yeah... going out on a limb but he seems the loyal type to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Mitch compare to our other key forwards at the same age?

This is Supercoach points per game, for want of a better catch-all metric...

Code:
Age Taylor Walker  Tom Lynch  Josh Jenkins  Mitch McGovern
18  49 (14)        DNP        DNP           DNP
19  62 (18)        10 (1)     DNP           DNP
20  63 (13)        52 (5)     DNP           DNP
21  100 (16)       44 (6)     DNP           59 (21)
22  69 (5)         79 (17)    68 (11)       69 (12)
23  80 (15)        62 (8)     69 (17)
24  83 (21)        88 (21)    69 (20)
25  82 (21)        88 (21)    70 (19)
26  86 (20)        86 (20)    86 (22)
27                            79 (18)

deaneus
The f*ckknuckle who sits behind me at Adelaide Oval was banging on again last week at the Swans game about how he knows Gov is gone because he heard it from his mate who works at City Jeep (which is something I posted here some time back). So yeah, when the Jeep dealers say they're gone, they're gone. Take it to the bank.

I only mention this again now because there is a Jeep ad appearing at the bottom of this page, which I am treating as confirmation from a second, independent source.

The f*ckknuckle who sits behind me at Adelaide Oval was banging on again last week at the Swans game about how he knows Gov is gone because he heard it from his mate who works at City Jeep (which is something I posted here some time back). So yeah, when the Jeep dealers say they're gone, they're gone. Take it to the bank.

I only mention this again now because there is a Jeep ad appearing at the bottom of this page, which I am treating as confirmation from a second, independent source.
Shame that Adelaide City Jeep took away that car hanging on top of a pillar on display (probaby because some pussy insurance manager said it's got a 0.0000000000001% chance of falling and therefore it's a liability risk). Since that eye-catcher is not there, now they're resorting to making up Crows player rumours to get attention. Tsk tsk. :)

Great news obviously and I'm on record as his biggest booster long before it became popular.

Bloke is a star. Will be our best forward inside that contract and by a margin too. Def AA in that time too

Wonder how much influence his old man had, in terms of being a former player and knowing that the grass isn't always greener? Seems to me he'd know if the situation was good and there's a chance of success you best stick with it

If we've offered 500 x 3 that's a pretty good deal for both sides. He's got recognition and enough to make it possible to stay

Hopefully Gov saw the light.

We are a strong team that's more than the sum of its parts. Big Tex isn't really that far from retirement and so I think Mitch will become the number-one target by the time this deal expires.

West Coast are about to enter a rebuild. They are, as a mate of mine so eloquently described them, 'a poly-filler team, neither here nor there'. Plus the brother factor is a bit overstated, in my view. The lure of home itself is the big factor.

Freo - well just look at them, disaster of a football club. Ross Lyon has them all aboard the HMS Fraud ship to nowhere. His game style is known to be extremely taxing on players, and so far it's amounted to **** all and none. He's not some sort of Alastair Clarkson who can reinvent himself either - Lyon still embraces that 2003 flood game plan he learnt from Paul Roos. He's attemped to inject a bit more attack and it hasn't worked one little bit. They got Cameron McCarthy from GWS, who was on track to be an elite forward and has come home. But under the tyranny of Rossball, he's floundered.

If McGovern went there right now, he'd be double or triple teamed every weekend and waste three precious years of his career. But he is perfectly entitled to reassess his options at the end of 2020, and the whole AFL landscape will be dramatically changed by then.
Staying with Adelaide was the right move. We were never in the ballpark as we didn't really need an extra key forward and weren't willing to pay overs, plus a deal could not be done. Freo would not have been the right move, no matter how much they are in desperate need of a key forward - Mitch would have been the main target and would have had the best defender playing on him. He's developed nicely at Adelaide so a wise decision was made at the end of the day.

Back