McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Gov ever stops kicking goals we could probably move him into the back line and have him doing the same job Lever is right now. He is an excellent mark, reads the ball well and has excellent closing speed.
I think we might be seeing Gov in the midfield at some stage. He spent some time in the pre-season training with the midfield but never really ventured in there this season. Maybe its because of his hammy injury this year.

I guess we will find out over the next 3 years :D

If Gov ever stops kicking goals we could probably move him into the back line and have him doing the same job Lever is right now. He is an excellent mark, reads the ball well and has excellent closing speed.

The bolded is absolutely correct. However, we had this conversation last year and I submit that he's way to chancy to play in defence: he's a risk taker, not a boring percentage-playing defender: plenty of turnovers would be expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never should have insulted him with that lowball offer. Although you'd think that would have been enough to get a 1/17th share, at least.

I'll say it again, nothing left for us, huh?

boom-tish-gif.409957

bucket please.gif bucket please.gif [0.9mb]
menu spew.gif menu spew.gif [1.0mb]

salmon mousse.gif salmon mousse.gif [1.0mb]

Last edited:
I think we might be seeing Gov in the midfield at some stage. He spent some time in the pre-season training with the midfield but never really ventured in there this season. Maybe its because of his hammy injury this year.

I guess we will find out over the next 3 years :D
He'll play on the wing as a taller midfielder. Get his tank up and he's a more athletic Tom Lynch.

I'd be surprised to see him on a wing or in the midfield

His electric pace and athleticism makes him a great peter knights, Stuart barker, Tony Modra style aerialist for the forward line

Our ball retention in 50 relies on his speed a lot
Certainly won't be full time. Just one of those things you can do for a little bit to switch things up. His speed at ground level certainly does help our defensive work inside 50, last year he averaged the 3rd most pressure acts inside 50 of any player ranked as a "key forward" by Champion Data, which is something I think we certainly missed while Gov was out and we have Otten in his place.

Back