McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Family reasons supposedly.
His family moved from Brisbane to Perth so he could play footy. He moved in with Betts for the first 12 months in Adelaide and goes round there at least 2 nights a week for dinner. I'd be very surprised if he went anywhere.

His family moved from Brisbane to Perth so he could play footy. He moved in with Betts for the first 12 months in Adelaide and goes round there at least 2 nights a week for dinner. I'd be very surprised if he went anywhere.
I thought his family moved from Qld to the Pilbara to work in the mines. He then got conned into playing for the local footy team and showed such talent that a WAFL club brought him down to Perth to play. His family are still in the Pilbara.

I thought his family moved from Qld to the Pilbara to work in the mines. He then got conned into playing for the local footy team and showed such talent that a WAFL club brought him down to Perth to play. His family are still in the Pilbara.
Pretty sure they moved across for his footy? May have got jobs in the Pilbara. His Sports Master at Marist at the time teed it up.

Q8Fv0M9.jpg

My understanding that he was playing rugby in Qld. Only switched to footy after moving to WA since rugby wasn't really an option there.
In his last year at Marist, his Sports Master asked him to try out for AFL (as he could see he had "something"). He loved it, he was crazy good at it so my understanding is that the SM approached the Club in WA (maybe the folks were already moving?). He had played for a season at Marist.

I've said before Mitch's family live in North Albany so there is no homesick factor because Perth is not home

not that it really means that much, but at my last house I lived with two guys who grew up in Albany - They always bristled when I or someone else erroneously said they were from Perth

My understanding that he was playing rugby in Qld. Only switched to footy after moving to WA since rugby wasn't really an option there.

Maybe I should mention that especially for Indigenous people, home is where the tribe is from, not where they moved to. That might suggest another place other than WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said before Mitch's family live in North Albany so there is no homesick factor because Perth is not home, .
lol I always love this type of counter argument when it comes to 'homesick players' ,albanys 4 and half hrs away from perth...., its not like its in another state. Plus your assuming he wants to come 'home' but only live in north albany??.
And by family you mean parents? .They are from north albany but have a residence in perth.im pretty sure he doesn't want to live with mum and dad anymore
Anyways i as much as id love gov jr at freo , I think he ll stay in Adelaide, where hopefully he and the club can get a flag

Apparently according to Rucci and Cornes Gov has enrolled in a WA university for next year.
For what its worth.
Not sure how they would know. That said I'm enrolled in Uni in a different state, didn't have to move.

I wasn't aware he could enrol so early.

More to do with our club than city. The smears keeo their players.
Question then should become, do we start paying our interstate players well overs and rely on loyalty from the SA players ??

No money in the world would have kept Danger though, hence why he wanted a trade

Back