News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a genuinely funny angle for an article. "Fans hate these players and they've had a bad week!"

"
Four AFL stars who have become infamous villains among the Fremantle fanbase for doing wrong by their boys in purple are having some of the worst weeks of their careers.
While the Dockers are riding the high of an upset win over the Lions and hope to notch an easy victory over North Melbourne on Saturday, the same cannot be said for their fans’ four most despised players in the league.
Liam Henry — who had fans fuming after walking out on Fremantle for St Kilda at the end of last season — suffered a hamstring strain in Thursday night’s win over Collingwood, with the wingman, unfortunately, facing at least six weeks on the sideline.
It is a huge blow for the ex-Docker, who played one of the best games of his career against Collingwood and has hardly had more than a niggle in the past two AFL seasons.
Fremantle could barely hide their anger when he left last year, with recruiting boss David Walls stating he was disappointed after “four years of development” at the club."

This is a genuinely funny angle for an article. "Fans hate these players and they've had a bad week!"

"
Four AFL stars who have become infamous villains among the Fremantle fanbase for doing wrong by their boys in purple are having some of the worst weeks of their careers.
While the Dockers are riding the high of an upset win over the Lions and hope to notch an easy victory over North Melbourne on Saturday, the same cannot be said for their fans’ four most despised players in the league.
Liam Henry — who had fans fuming after walking out on Fremantle for St Kilda at the end of last season — suffered a hamstring strain in Thursday night’s win over Collingwood, with the wingman, unfortunately, facing at least six weeks on the sideline.
It is a huge blow for the ex-Docker, who played one of the best games of his career against Collingwood and has hardly had more than a niggle in the past two AFL seasons.
Fremantle could barely hide their anger when he left last year, with recruiting boss David Walls stating he was disappointed after “four years of development” at the club."

Wowie.

Suppose this is what interests Freo fans so the Worst writes it. Not like they can write any articles about previous success and how far they have fallen / how do Freo return to their premiership years.:straining::$:think::joycat:

Wowie.

Suppose this is what interests Freo fans so the Worst writes it. Not like they can write any articles about previous success and how far they have fallen / how do Freo return to their premiership years.:straining::$:think::joycat:

Well..yeah..they can only run the 'Western Derby Heroes' article twice a year since that's the only success the club's ever had..and perhaps a quick word from Gerry Neesham, Damian Drum and Chris Connelly with an odd corker from Shaun McManus or the Purple Has(leby) himself

I'm a glutton for punishment I know.
I can't help it, it's a sickness.

On AAA on the AFL website.

Damian Barrett on Harley Reid "You'd love to see him in a better performing side".
Funnily enough, didn't mention Sheezel or Wardlow in North's side.
The crowd was 17 000 as well.

Next

Fox footy.
Max Laughton

Every team analysed after Round 2 in just three words.

HAWTHORN: Still rebuilding year.

Despite the fact they're in year 3 or 4 of a rebuild and got beaten by 55 points.

WEST COAST EAGLES: Jeez they’re bad.

Damian Barrett on Harley Reid "You'd love to see him in a better performing side".

Next

Fox footy.
Max Laughton

Despite the fact they're in year 3 or 4 of a rebuild and got beaten by 55 points.

It would be nice if someone in the media had the guts to point out those comparisons.

And no other "bottom" team would draw even close to 42k fans against GWS. Even higher place teams don't.
Even when we're crap, at least our players (inc Harley) get a home crowd there to watch.

Next

Fox footy.
Max Laughton

Jeez they’re bad, but don’t dare give them any draft compensation to address the issue!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next

Fox footy.
Max Laughton

I saw Barrett, jees * what a flog.
What is this magical deal everyone thinks we could get.
Didn't we try, only to have a deal fall through.

Next

Fox footy.
Max Laughton

Funny how since he posted that article , that 2 articles have come out by his network saying how bad hawthorn were and that they have been using the rebuild excuse for too long , he must be a hawthorn fan

Pretty accurate that we are 3-4 years behind North unless we get a priority package to catch up.

I'm not convinced we will be that bad, yet.
We might have played this year's grand finalists in our opening rounds.
Remember, GWS only lost the prelim to the pies by 1 point, after knocking out the power.
Our team is trying to execute a new game style, which means the seniors experience counts for a bit less.
With all the teens and the new gameplan, need a bit more time before we throw the toys out.

I feel thats pretty spot-on TBH.

1. Gaff lighting it up for a single game in the magoos isnt good enough to earn an immediate recall. Make him really want it.

2. 3-4 wins total is probably about where we are tracking right now, and deserving of an end-of-first-round PP.
Yeah Gaff would have to be great for a few weeks minimum to get back in.
Depends on Flynn Ryan and Oscar and Sheed making a difference and of course Hewett. 2nd half of the year will tell.
I'm not convinced we will be that bad, yet.
We might have played this year's grand finalists in our opening rounds.
Remember, GWS only lost the prelim to the pies by 1 point, after knocking out the power.
Our team is trying to execute a new game style, which means the seniors experience counts for a bit less.
With all the teens and the new gameplan, need a bit more time before we throw the toys out.
Yeah if Flynn and Oscar can stay fit and others we will have a better chance. A lot of pain without Oscar particularly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back