News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not enough photoshop to be believable as a real West page. And no incredibly forced puns in the headlines either.

Needed to be either 'HAR(D)LEY BEE-LIEVABLE - GUN RECRUIT UNDERWHELMS' with Reid's head shopped onto a bee or 'NUMBER 1 PICK DOESN'T DELIVER' and they photoshop him into one of the Aus Post parcel carts (even though that's an example of delivering).

It's not enough photoshop to be believable as a real West page. And no incredibly forced puns in the headlines either.

Needed to be either 'HAR(D)LEY BEE-LIEVABLE - GUN RECRUIT UNDERWHELMS' with Reid's head shopped onto a bee or 'NUMBER 1 PICK DOESN'T DELIVER' and they photoshop him into one of the Aus Post parcel carts (even though that's an example of delivering).

I think Aus Post and “doesn’t deliver” would actually go quite well together, to be honest

I think we found the guy that does the back page for the West, guys.

I wonder if kano just kind of morphs to suit who hes chatting too.
If its someone with a brain and some knowledge he trends towards that.
If its concussed ex forwards who dont watch half the games he trends down to get the clicks.
Or is it just the afl shows vs his own radio spot?

I wonder if kano just kind of morphs to suit who hes chatting too.

Kane at work.

1360259383_monkey_backside_grooming.gif

The Dude loves his job, the failed fireman has finally found something he is infatuated with and has a passion for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Duff, keep calling these vic pricks out!! He’s been consistent in his analysis on this since the draft. Such a joke that pick 19 ended up becoming pick 30!!

The replies to the Twitter post for the article are a good read as well, so much saltiness!

"iDnT WeT ToAST traDE 4 FiRST ROUND PICKS for TiM KIELLY?!?!?"

Jesus christ birth control should be mandatory.

I cant tell if im being mocked for my little snipet or agreed with... goddamit.
Im not up too date with monkey bum grooming gifs.

Not being mocked at all :thumbsu: , just me taking a smart arse pot shot at the Kornhole.

Kane wont have a verbal joust with anyone with some intellect, as he will come away looking sillier than normal.

So in essence I am agreeing with you. :thumbsu:

Not being mocked at all :thumbsu: , just me taking a smart arse pot shot at the Kornhole.

Kane wont have a verbal joust with anyone with some intellect, as he will come away looking sillier than normal.

So in essence I am agreeing with you. :thumbsu:
In my own defence, that feels like alot to read into from the .gif maybe i should have stuck to the text 😆

Damn, I saw this on some dodgy Twitter account but it's being reported now: https://archive.md/Vx44u

If there's anything to this, it will be an All Time AFL scandal.

Andrew Wilkie read into parliament that:
  • AFL players being encouraged by the AFL to fake injuries to avoid game day positives for drugs
  • AFL facilitated clandestine drug testing to clear players at AFL contracted medical centres.
  • ^This at the direction of Chief Medical Officer
  • Melbourne firing officials for raising issues
  • Rampant and known drug use at AFL executive
  • AFL executive actively covering up Goodwin's drug use.

At a bare minimum this is high level, Machiavellian lawyering by Bartlett to get around NDAs, evidentiary requirements etc via parliamentary privilege.

It's so close to April fools though. But please, please, please let it be true. All I want to see is the AFL burnt to the ground, is that too much to ask? 🤞🤞

Last edited:
Damn, I saw this on some dodgy Twitter account but it's being reported now: https://archive.md/Vx44u

• AFL players being encouraged by the AFL to fake injuries to avoid game day positives for drugs
  • AFL facilitated clandestine drug testing to clear players at AFL contracted medical centres.
- This at the direction of Chief Medical Officer
  • Firing officials for raising issues

At a bare minimum this is high level, Machiavellian lawyering by Bartlett to get around NDAs, evidentiary requirements etc via parliamentary privilege.

It's so close to April fools though. But please, please, please let it be true. All I want to see is the AFL burnt to the ground, is that too much to ask? 🤞🤞
Imagine the midnight scurrying around and bed shitting occurring at VFL house at the moment…

Andrew Wilkie read into parliament that:
  • ^This at the direction of Chief Medical Officer
  • Melbourne firing officials for raising issues

None of this surprises me at all. I doubt it gets legs though - Wilkey is a prime turkey and no-one cares what he says.

Re the Duffield/Healey/Kornes segment, one thing of note was Duffield talking about WAFC and development pathways for juniors.
I get a little deflated reading posts here from people who follow much more closely than myself, that development/support isn't great in WA
It was in discussion about PP that Duffield said the AFL need to be mindful that a semi/competitive WCE is good for the whole competition, with Carlton used as an example, because it helps local football from jnr comps up re $ through WAFC.
Have pondered whether allowances to WCE/Fremantle regarding academies/better access to players would be helpful.
Money wise, allowed to invest outside WAFC and get concessions. Not carte blanche, like the northern academies have.
Don't like that young talent can be lost.
*oh, sweet summer child is me giving myself an uppercut already

Yes Duff, keep calling these vic pricks out!! He’s been consistent in his analysis on this since the draft. Such a joke that pick 19 ended up becoming pick 30!!

The replies to the Twitter post for the article are a good read as well, so much saltiness!

Hopefully we make it clear to the AFL we're going after Baker and Busslinger this off season, they will likely give us what North got a few years ago (an early second and third round PP that have to be traded) if we only win two or three games.

Hopefully we make it clear to the AFL we're going after Baker and Busslinger this off season, they will likely give us what North got a few years ago (an early second and third round PP that have to be traded) if we only win two or three games.
The way things are going, early 2nd round likely pick 40:moustache:
Give Rotham a few games 2nd half of season in the backline with a license to play off his man, rack it up...pick 3 as compensation when Essendon recruits him as RFA.
Apologies, I am getting more cynical the more knowledge I get. NFI about how it all operates, still.
0.005% more knowledge on how AFL compensation parameters/metrics works
*just an average footy fan,..can't even explain the rules anymore to young uns' who ask. Got no idea:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back