Game Day Melbourne dementors v hinkleys stinkleys

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes my Easter getaway to Melbourne interesting do I even bother going to the port game *.

Walking across the bridge... "We are doing ok" seriously!! I'm tapping out... Rather go back to 2012
Funny I mentioned tonight that back in 2011, 2012, at least we could go to the games looking for green shoots and what we could build our side on because I still believed.

I remember leaving Adelaide open in 2011 after just beating Melbourne, with my sons and nephew thinking how good it was to be on Adelaide oval and was still up beat about what future could be, based on this and that.

Seems a life time ago because it's felt like we've got unders ever since.

I haven't been back since the prelim last year.
Tonight watching from home, I tried to remind myself of those days, made my lad sit through the last quarter and look for signs of life to build hope on.

Watching this year feels more like watching green shoots wither.

Our lack of ability to play forward has been hurting us since Schulz left. Only answer we've had since we refused to re-sign him is kick it to a pack hope for the crumbs, broken by kick it to the pocket, get it out of bounds and hope Ryder gets it to Robbie.

2022 and still here we are....

I wonder if someone in the media could be so kind to ask the question "What will it take for you to consider a new coaching panel is required"

Last edited:

This is a fact. Statistically, this is OUR WORST start to an AFL season in our history.

To this point it is but, in 2011 we managed to lose 8 of our first 9. We then beat Richmond in round 10 before losing another 11 games in a row. The Coach did not survive. If you look at this year's draw West Coast in Adelaide is probably our best chance of a win before round 10. We could well eclipse our 2011 disaster.

History in the making?

To this point it is but, in 2011 we managed to lose 8 of our first 9. We then beat Richmond in round 10 before losing another 11 games in a row. The Coach did not survive. If you look at this year's draw West Coast in Adelaide is probably our best chance of a win before round 10. We could well eclipse our 2011 disaster.

History in the making?

In 2011 we only had 2 players aged over 30- Dean Brogan and Chad Cornes. Now most of our best players are in their 30s and on the verge of retirement.

anyone up for watching the replay?

9gVC9BkfBNdvHiQ4sSrB7F.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back