Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy with coach’s influence on Essendon football. Been excellent in every football aspect.

Think he might need to shut up on non football issues though.

Disgraceful to labour a defence of Thomas this week. In light of Hind’s family tragedy. In light of society and AFL stand. Extremely Unnecessary and hurtful.

Then takes a fax moral stand to protect his standing in the coach's union with Drapper treatment and public commendation. Compared to his comments on Thomas, Drapper’s comments were a drop in the ocean.

He used the word “disrespectful” for Draper. His comments on Thomas were disrespectful in the extreme.

If standing Drapper down a week or at least publicly berating him is appropriate … then Barnham should have stood Brad down for a week and held a presser that Essendon football doesn’t stand with the comments Brad made about Thomas.

Great That coach has a strong compas and is articulate in sharing it, but maybe the smarter thing is shut up a bit more.

Last edited:
Brad can * right off with his Tarryn Thomas deserves a 15th chance narrative, especially while at the same time participating in a stand against DV this weekend.
I’ll preface this by saying I liked your post.

Scott was asked a direct question, rather than sticking the boot in he gave support when no one else is. Thomas has not been indicted on DV related incidents. Poor treatment of a woman by threatening to share an intimate photo, yes, and of course this is not good enough but talk about picking and choosing what is and what isn’t acceptable in terms of a second or a third chance. How about we look at Andrew Krakouer, Marlon Pickett and Jordan De Goey just to name a few.

A good man teaches their son not to treat women poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reread that statement.

I don't want Brad involved in this anymore. I don't want TT at Essendon. I'd like TT to stop doing dumb s**t and learn self-control, dignity and respect.

Seriously though. Reread what you wrote.
Yes, it's hyperbole to say he should be in jail right now, but authorities need to take his behaviour of repeated harassment more seriously because that sort of thing often escalates, and honestly he's a threat to society right now.

Not sure that Brad would say the same thing if he had his time again but I know where he is coming from. Sometimes good people do have a flaw in their makeup and do bad things. When you are personally involved it is hard . There is a part of Thomas that is very ugly and not good for sure but it can be difficult to give up on the person if you have a meaningful relationship with them.
I know from personal experience. I idolized my older brother as most younger brothers do but like Thomas he had a dark side and eventually a drug problem which I made excuses for over a good period of time until I just had to cut and run. You think that the good will come through eventually and sometimes it does but sometimes it does not.
I hope Thomas can turn his life around but he should not be allowed near an AFL club anytime soon and Brad needs to help in the background if he feels he can but as one of the heads of our footy club he should not be making any comments on it in any way other than condone the poor behavior.

Yes, it's hyperbole to say he should be in jail right now, but authorities need to take his behaviour of repeated harassment more seriously because that sort of thing often escalates, and honestly he's a threat to society right now.
I just don't think cheap remarks like that are constructive or helpful when such a serious discussion is being had.

I just don't think cheap remarks like that are constructive or helpful when such a serious discussion is being had.
Honestly as someone who has been exposed to a lot of women fleeing domestic violence through community services I find Thomas's pattern of behaviour and continued targeting of his ex very concerning.
I think the police should stop letting him off with a slap on the wrist, hence my comment.
That it's continuing now, after all the professional support and criminal charges he has received, is very concerning.

Honestly as someone who has been exposed to a lot of women fleeing domestic violence through community services I find Thomas's pattern of behaviour and continued targeting of his ex very concerning.
I think the police should stop letting him off with a slap on the wrist, hence my comment.
That it's continuing now, after all the professional support he has received, is very concerning.
Of course, it's concerning to everyone, just as stirring vitriol should also be a concern to everyone.
What evidence do you have that the police are letting him off anything? Could it be that he can only be charged on the evidence that they have? And when he is charged and punishment is accorded, it still may not necessarily follow that he automatically deserves incarceration.

Of course, it's concerning to everyone, just as stirring vitriol should also be a concern to everyone.
What evidence do you have that the police are letting him off anything? Could it be that he can only be charged on the evidence that they have? And when he is charged and punishment is accorded, it still may not necessarily follow that he automatically deserves incarceration.
The evidence is that he is continuing to harass her.
See how this 'investigation' turns out, I guess.
But cops often do not take this sort of thing seriously enough until it's too late.

Reread that statement.

I don't want Brad involved in this anymore. I don't want TT at Essendon. I'd like TT to stop doing dumb s**t and learn self-control, dignity and respect.

Seriously though. Reread what you wrote.
Nothing wrong with what he wrote.

Obsessive stalking behaviour does lead to the worst ending.

Nothing wrong with what he wrote.

Obsessive stalking behaviour does lead to the worst ending.
It can, not does.

No one knows the full extent of what's happened. The police are still investigating. Further charges haven't been laid.

Stirring up emotional responses with those kind of statements does nothing to help the situation, and depending on what's discovered and how intense the community's emotion gets regarding the case, they can even negatively impact the prosecution's chances of securing an outcome that favours the victim if it hoes to court.

So no, it's not constructive and not helpful to anyone.

It can, not does.

No one knows the full extent of what's happened. The police are still investigating. Further charges haven't been laid.

Stirring up emotional responses with those kind of statements does nothing to help the situation, and depending on what's discovered and how intense the community's emotion gets regarding the case, they can even negatively impact the prosecution's chances of securing an outcome that favours the victim if it hoes to court.

So no, it's not constructive and not helpful to anyone.

I'm always a big believer of innocent until proven guilty. It's strange given all the accusations that TT hasn't been charged or put away yet. I'd hope that something would be sorted out by the authorities, because it's harrowing for everyone involved if it keeps dragging out without a resolution. If he's innocent then they should say so, or if he's not then throw the book at him and put him away.

My mum's partner was a DV counsellor and some of the stories are truly horrific. If they can prove that TT has done any of this stuff he's accused of then he really should be somewhere that he cannot threaten or hurt any others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back