List Mgmt. Menzel re-signs for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off the top of my head the most any forward combo has kicked in the last decade or something would be something like 170-80 between Roughead and Buddy.

No one will get near that for a while but I see no reason why our pair can't get to 130-ish

I don't understand this "what could have been" he was an exciting youngster, got injured and is now bordering on A+ small forward. What could have been? We are getting incredible footy from him. "What could have been" should be reserved for players like Egan who never got back.

I don't understand this "what could have been" he was an exciting youngster, got injured and is now bordering on A+ small forward. What could have been? We are getting incredible footy from him. "What could have been" should be reserved for players like Egan who never got back.

What he could've been.........ie playing with 2 good knees his whole career, thereby physically able to fully utilise his skill without being limited, more games played to display and develop his talent, etc

He's 190 cm! But I agree with your sentiments.

It's a reasonable question though - imagine if Ablett got hurt in 2003, and returned to play out his career as a very good forward pocket.

The thing with Menz is that people are going to keep saying what could've been but we really need to appreciate what he is now and what he will be in the years to come.

Forget about the years off, he's improved his output each season and looks to be taking that even further in 2017. Increadible footy smarts and an abundance of talent will see the media and football fans alike start to come around and realise just how good a player he is.

Sounds like a champion bloke to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Menz is that people are going to keep saying what could've been but we really need to appreciate what he is now and what he will be in the years to come.

Forget about the years off, he's improved his output each season and looks to be taking that even further in 2017. Increadible footy smarts and an abundance of talent will see the media and football fans alike start to come around and realise just how good a player he is.

Sounds like a champion bloke to boot.

I reckon I'm going to make a vow to myself from here on in to separate the man now from his injury. It's happened and his career is rolling on. He'll be playing his 50th game very soon and I think he's already just about played more games post-injury than pre-injury.

He's just Daniel Menzel now:thumbsu:

***Completely baseless and unsubstantiated rumour alert***

I've been told Geelong don't plan to offer Menzel a new contract. The reason behind it is supposedly the all-out push the Cats plan to make to accommodate Ablett. Despite my obvious desire to see Ablett back home (see profile picture), I certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice somebody like Menzel to make it happen.

I have absolutely no idea whether there's any truth to this. I don't know what their source is, and I doubt it's true.

However, for the sake of a discussion - has anyone heard the same? Does anyone think the same? Can we see there being any truth to this scenario?

I've been told Geelong don't plan to offer Menzel a new contract. The reason behind it is supposedly the all-out push the Cats plan to make to accommodate Ablett. Despite my obvious desire to see Ablett back home (see profile picture), I certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice somebody like Menzel to make it happen.

I have absolutely no idea whether there's any truth to this. I don't know what their source is, and I doubt it's true.

However, for the sake of a discussion - has anyone heard the same? Does anyone think the same? Can we see there being any truth to this scenario?

Can't answer any of those questions, but would be disappointed if true......unless his knees can't carry him past this season.

If he can push on then keep him. Others should go first.

Haven't heard the same.
Can't see it happening after all we've been through with keeping him and how he's paying us back on field.
I can't see there being any truth to it.

I will say, if it was true, I would absolutely hate the club for doing it. We don't NEED Ablett back, and like most posters here, I'm fine with GAJ returning if we don't have to give up much in return. If we do have to give up more in terms of higher draft picks, players, or pushing players out, then I don't want him.

Get off the meth mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back