Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it sounds like you get pretty offended by not saying it, so clearly it is an issue for some people. Why can't you put yourself in their shoes? Why is it fine for you to be offended but not them?
Because majority rules m8.
Yeah right. You'd wind up like mother Mary mate ... seated on your ass.
Whilst that's a clever pun, you've forced my hand now.
*Scribbles notes*

I was at the kebab truck the other day.

Wished the bloke a "Very merry Christmas" like a gentleman, and added "May the lord bless you and keep you."

He said some kind words in arabic as I was walking back to the car, and I turned and waved goodbye. As an immigrant myself, I also deliver my most heartfelt good wishes in my native language.

However, in day to day dealings with people I usually stick to english.

It was only after I got home I realised he forgot to put garlic sauce in my kebab. I was in a good mood, and did not think it necessary to call and complain or give the bloke a bad review on the internet, as his kebabs are superb.

It doesn't cost you anything to be polite and wish people a merry christmas.

Wished the bloke a "Very merry Christmas" like a gentleman, and added "May the lord bless you and keep you."

He said some kind words in arabic as I was walking back to the car, and I turned and waved goodbye. As an immigrant myself, I also deliver my most heartfelt good wishes in my native language.

It was only after I got home I realised he forgot to put garlic sauce in my kebab. I was in a good mood, and did not think it necessary to call and complain or give the bloke a bad review on the internet, as his kebabs are superb.

No garlic sauce!? You shouldn't punched him re.

No garlic sauce!? You shouldn't punched him re.

A good Christian does not resort to violence. I did for a moment feel my temper rising, as I specifically asked for garlic sauce when ordering, well before he even had the chance to ask.

I counted to ten and remembered it was the season of forgiveness, and I sang a christmas carol in my head "Tis the season to be jolly tra la lala la lala la laaaa."

Why do you and FireKrakouer make up these kinds of stories that never happened (or never happened the way you say)
Its weird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an atheist and I like Christmas.

There I said it. I like the toys (scored big time in the 70s/80s), I like catching up with family, I like the food, I like the idea of looking after the poor, etc

I wish people a Merry Christmas in the intent that it is meant. I genuinely hope you have a nice day whether you are believer, a non-believer, a hater or what not.

I'm always pleased and not a little bit impressed when Shane MacGowan chalks up another year. His continued existence is the real Christmas miracle.
glad to know we are all able to help if we can... someone with a name and a '''' face'''' is going to project well over time...

How on earth is it "being inclusive"? If someone doesn't celebrate Christmas, they can just smile and nod when someone wishes them a merry Christmas. Why tf would they get offended over it?

And how many of that 18% (already a low figure) be bothered by you saying merry Christmas? The Jewish people didn't become the most successful demographic of all by being offended over petty sh*te. Just say merry Christmas from now on m8.
For Most people xmas isnt a religious holiday. Its Simply a holiday of western culture. in some ways its even gone beyond western culture and is simply a celebration of humanity. To not say merry xmas to someone and instead say the bland happy holidays is to reject people from this western culture celebrating family and humanity. To be inclusive you should say merry xmas.

For Most people xmas isnt a religious holiday. Its Simply a holiday of western culture. in some ways its even gone beyond western culture and is simply a celebration of humanity. To not say merry xmas to someone and instead say the bland happy holidays is to reject people from this western culture celebrating family and humanity. To be inclusive you should say merry xmas.
the point is to be nice... and be allowing everyone into the trials and tribulations...

I'm always pleased and not a little bit impressed when Shane MacGowan chalks up another year. His continued existence is the real Christmas miracle.
I played The Fairytale of New York to a bunch of people who'd never heard it last night.

I know!!!! Crazy.

We say we live in a democracy.

Some food is apparently 97% fat free.

Far right nut jobs call themselves conservative and pretend climate change isn't real when the person many consider the greatest conservative leader of the post war period (thatcher) thought it was and also thought denying an obvious scientific fact was egregious stupidity.

Janet Albrechtsen once described herself as a libertarian and in the same interview or column then argued for the ongoing prohibition of drugs.

Its a massive festival of western consumerism bonded to one of the few times we don't have to work our arses off. Who cares what its called.

In fact calling it Christmas gives it a fair sense of balance given its the day Satan visits every kid in the world.

Which reminds me of a joke.

What do you call that white gooey stuff hanging off the power lines and trees on one side of the road?

The cuming of Christ!

What do you call it when its suddenly everywhere on both sides?

The second cuming.

Merry Christmas.

:think:
Phew.

I thought I was in trouble for a minute.
naw you are still in dire trouble but I'll let you off if you aquiess or something to the fortunes of your own dire self...
I played The Fairytale of New York to a bunch of people who'd never heard it last night.

I know!!!! Crazy.
play!!! we always play and only in trouble when we digress in a 'boring' way..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back