Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Vossy
Honestly, he wasn’t who i was keen on initially, but I’m fully behind the appointment by the club through its process…
Very impressed by how he spoke & presented himself during the press conference, as well as Sayers and Cookie, all were superb displaying terrific confident clear messages a bloody breath of fresh air…
Go Blues…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Love how in the presser when he was asked in light of the happenings with Teague etc if he had second thoughts about reapplying.

Voss: "No."

Cue firm stare, completely shuts down the question :D

Speaks very very well. Very clear.

Very direct. Answered the questions, no BS. No waffle.

Voss came across as a coach, not a performing media monkey.

My only concern was that he was asked at least twice what he has learnt since Bris days/in his time at Port..... He gave very general 'it's immeasurable, it's relationships, it's leadership, it's the vibe'. I wasn't expecting him to trot out a laundry list of faults at Brisbane, but a few specific examples would have been nice/reassuring.

It's something the panel must have asked him and he would have had to answer. So either it's something that he never had a good answer to (worrying sign), or the panel didn't ask (worrying sign) or he didn't want to get into specifics in public (that's fine).

Poor Liam Stocker, he ain’t the hardest nut in the jar anymore, he’ll get over it!😄

Voss is somewhat a coach with training wheels, and while he has been a head coach before, the game has really changed in that time. The difference, is that he has remained in the game, despite only under the one senior coach. Essentially, we are unsure of what his gameplan will be and or how long it will take to have a consistent positive effect.

I hope the core of that gameplan is defensively minded first, without the stagnate or kamikaze attacking layers. Also of interest is who he uses and where, but no doubt there will be a host of changes.

My hope, is that the club and supporters are patient until consistency kicks in. Like this year, finals should be a given, but my focus will be how this list evolves

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I was firmly in the keep Teague camp, not necessarily because I thought he was a good coach but because I felt that injuries, covid and the almost complete loss of the VFL as a development tool should have seen him complete his contract.

I now have come to grips with the decision and see the advantage of having a completely new coaching team to assess through new sets of eyes the real, rather than imagined or hoped for, quality of our list below the standout top tier.

Interesting and hopefully exciting times ahead. BTW, I didn't want Vossy either and hope to be proven wrong.

So I just listened to the 17 min interview on our website. Fantastic stuff. There is no hesitation from him when answering questions and it’s not a media generic based answer he’s giving filled with cliches. I will feel comforted more if he’s still doing the same come Jan/Feb and pre season is winding down.

Also we were;
18th in contested possession
15th in clearances
11th in 1 %ers
15th in tackles

I think these metrics will improve vastly if Voss implements what im hearing in these interviews. He really is driving the idea about the contest and players learning to be comfortable being uncomfortable. Knowing he is required to give direct feedback, and it’s about the required collective not individual efforts to win games is important. I hope his words come to fruition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back