Do I really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

You probably know I do......... And my poor 16Y/O son that has known nothing other than despair and disappointment
is starting to believe too. :heart:

So true. My 15yo (16 in a few weeks) knows nothing of the proud, successful Carlton Football Club. Thinks it's a myth. I'd LOVE him to see the Baggers win a final this year. Gotta make it first, everything from there is really upside.

So true. My 15yo (16 in a few weeks) knows nothing of the proud, successful Carlton Football Club. Thinks it's a myth. I'd LOVE him to see the Baggers win a final this year. Gotta make it first, everything from there is really possible.
EFA

Things are coming together for us. A few years ago the list was crap and immature. The coaching was no good. The culture, leadership and development were no good. Slowly things are coming together.

Do we have the list to win a flag? Yes and currently it is mature enough and good enough.

Development, coaching, culture, maturity and quality have all come together.

There is one more piece. Luck.

Most seasons there's a good clutch of teams with a good enough list to win the flag, what separates the team that wins it from the rest is luck and by luck I mean having very close to it's best team out on the part, fit and in form at the right time of the year.

That could happen yet. No more injuries. Get McKay, Walsh, McGovern and Cerra back and that probably gets it done.

It's not about being the best team the last 1-10 years, it's not about who has been the best team all year. It's about making finals and being the best team in the finals series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think just assuming we beat Suns in GC and GWS in Round 24 is very, very dangerous. That's what all the media talking heads can do - "oh, they're favourites, they'll win". But we know the path to last round heartbreak/missing by percentage (again) is 100% there. Until that's off the table I'm not believing in anything beyond we are definitely playing good football that can take it to anyone!

But if we get the job done and make finals, we might well mess some more fancied teams up.

I think just assuming we beat Suns in GC and GWS in Round 24 is very, very dangerous. That's what all the media talking heads can do - "oh, they're favourites, they'll win". But we know the path to last round heartbreak/missing by percentage (again) is 100% there. Until that's off the table I'm not believing in anything beyond we are definitely playing good football that can take it to anyone!

But if we get the job done and make finals, we might well mess some more fancied teams up.
Essentially, this.

We have 3 more games; one, a game against one of the few sides still above us on the ladder. We've beaten two of those there, but Melbourne is the first side that is arguably without exploitable flaw; Port with their smaller KPD and no Dixon, Collingwood with their need to explode off half back which if pressured can result in turnovers and scores the other way. Melbourne are different when their scoring is working, and like us it's like flicking the switch playing them when it's not versus when it is.

So, Melbourne's a 50-50 game.

GC up there has been a completely different proposition than away, akin really to the difference between playing Adelaide at home rather than away. They know their conditions better, and historically the conditions up there discombobulate our midfielders into fumbling.

The only win I'd come even close to pencilling in is GWS at Marvel, and that's not even definitive.

Our best footy has us going close in all three. Our worst has us losing all three. The difference between our best and worst is form plus cattle; our form is good, let's see if those still standing is capable of doing something we haven't since 2013.

So true. My 15yo (16 in a few weeks) knows nothing of the proud, successful Carlton Football Club. Thinks it's a myth. I'd LOVE him to see the Baggers win a final this year. Gotta make it first, everything from there is really upside.
My 24 year old ..... born 1999 - zero knowledge of a successful Carlton. :sadv1: :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back