List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

He was projected as a possible rookie last year. I guess the question is , after 6 months , is he more draftable?

STRENGTHS:

• Goal sense
  • X-factor
  • Footy IQ
  • Forward craft
  • Upside
  • Scoreboard impact
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Consistency
  • Versatility
  • Off-ball impact

There was a little skinny small forward called Arundell and then Eren Soylemez from the dragons last year that were both decent smaller forward types. I'd definitely be keeping an eye out for pressure forwards and goal sneaks. Menzie looks like a very good option.

There was a little skinny small forward called Arundell and then Eren Soylemez from the dragons last year that were both decent smaller forward types. I'd definitely be keeping an eye out for pressure forwards and goal sneaks. Menzie looks like a very good option.

Off ball impact , listed as a weakness , suggests to me that he wasn't great as a pressure forward.
But playing for the SAFL this might have improved.

When Victoria was locked down, and the VFL cancelled , the move to S.A. made a lot of sense for the vic kids.
But now it seems its still happening, is the SAFL being seen as a better stepping stone for those who missed being drafted?

Personally I am hoping that we take two players in the MSD as we need more quality in order to improve. Arguably one or two structural picks such as a another tall ket defender. Dees and Blues have most of their list who age way can play on for years. Swans have many young players, but do have an oldish top-end.

In the National Draft we currently have picks: 14, 32, 50, 86 etc. (These will slide up or down depending where we finish).

So one question is, are there players available in the MSD (which is a thinner pool) who are potentially better than say what is likely to be available in the Top 50-ish?

I would be surprised that if we say have the above picks, or thereabouts, that we could not identify at least one such player with our first MSD pick. There may be two available at our selections..

Two MSD selections may help by adding more players to churn through in order to find the next quality player, the next Jack Sinclair if you will.
We are not going to have early National picks this season or next. So we need to churn through players to find some gold.

Having said that there is no point just adding players for the sake of it. We need to believe that they are good prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah duck me just had a look, wow. Thought we've had him since the start of that year for some reason.
you most likely didn't watch all the draft

Hall-Kahan had 21 touches and 4 shots on goal this week (1 goal 3 though unfortunately)

Has kicked bags of 5 and 4 earlier in the year.

I do like the sound of him and reckon we must be keeping an eye on him after trying to sneak him in the back door last year.

Well as Hall-Kahan has nominated an 18-month contract, he must have at least one club who has committed to take him. Maybe us, maybe the Swans. Maybe both. Hopefully it is us, and the 18 months is to try and deter other clubs from calling out his name first.

SEVEN potential mid-season draftees have nominated 18-month contracts and one has put extra terms on his head as the full list of nominations has been distributed to clubs ahead of next week's draft.

More than 200 players have nominated for next Wednesday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, with clubs informed that a small group of players have lodged terms that will see them automatically signed until the end of 2023 if they are selected.

They are Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Hugo Hall-Kahan, Max Ramsden, Jacob Bauer, James Blanck and former Gold Coast midfielder Jacob Dawson.

Well as Hall-Kahan has nominated an 18-month contract, he must have at least one club who has committed to take him. Maybe us, maybe the Swans. Maybe both. Hopefully it is us, and the 18 months is to try and deter other clubs from calling out his name first.

SEVEN potential mid-season draftees have nominated 18-month contracts and one has put extra terms on his head as the full list of nominations has been distributed to clubs ahead of next week's draft.

More than 200 players have nominated for next Wednesday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, with clubs informed that a small group of players have lodged terms that will see them automatically signed until the end of 2023 if they are selected.

They are Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Hugo Hall-Kahan, Max Ramsden, Jacob Bauer, James Blanck and former Gold Coast midfielder Jacob Dawson.
Culley and Hall-Kahan would be a good grab

Yeah duck me just had a look, wow. Thought we've had him since the start of that year for some reason.
These things happen when you only watch half a game…

If I'm trying to get picked up, I go the double bluff and put extra terms in my contract to make everyone think I'm rated by the other teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back