Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #11 (2023) - Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Also a decent pr0n

3 blondes take Koch
Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

If Bonner runs out of steam and Duursma can't find his best form after recovering from injury then I'd be more then happy with the thought of Narkle getting a gig on one of our wings.
Exactly what I’d do.

Best case scenario is that we can play out the second half of the year with Duursma, Bergman and Boak fit and in form on the wings, but Narkle is as good a back-up as Bonner and better than Sinn or Mead at the moment. He’s also ideal in the sub role.

Having thought about it, he probably was the best available and insurance for our midfield. Which I thought Dumont was. Btw, Dumont had just as good a game yesterday as Narkle. Mead, Sinn and Jackson is just a peg below at this time. My view is that if Narkle was in our squad earlier, he would have come in when Boak was injured.

Narkle rated best for Port

Goldsack lauded the work of new recruit Quinton Narkle (29 disposals, six clearances, seven tackles), who slotted into the side with ease.

Port-V-Woodville-home-37.jpg

Port Adelaide mid-season draftee Quinton Narkle impressed on his debut for the club, racking up 29 disposals. Image: Brandon Hancock.
“We haven’t spent much, or any time [with him] going through our game plan. It was just kind of ‘get out there and the guys will communicate with you out on the field what we need'.

“He took a bit to get in the game, but once he got in, it was pretty special, so a shout-out to our recruiting team for the mid-season draft pick.”

Match report: Fast-finishing Magpies fall just short to Eagles

Narkle rated best for Port

Goldsack lauded the work of new recruit Quinton Narkle (29 disposals, six clearances, seven tackles), who slotted into the side with ease.

Port-V-Woodville-home-37.jpg

Port Adelaide mid-season draftee Quinton Narkle impressed on his debut for the club, racking up 29 disposals. Image: Brandon Hancock.
“We haven’t spent much, or any time [with him] going through our game plan. It was just kind of ‘get out there and the guys will communicate with you out on the field what we need'.

“He took a bit to get in the game, but once he got in, it was pretty special, so a shout-out to our recruiting team for the mid-season draft pick.”

Match report: Fast-finishing Magpies fall just short to Eagles

I am now dead set anti Coldsack. So a new guy arrives at the Club and the Coaches don't spent any time going through a game plan with him? Coldsack is too laissez-faire an doesn't exude a professional approach.

I think the feeling in our Coaching Panel is the Power are sitting in second spot so why worry about a side show like the Port Magpies? A liitle bit of passion and some acknowledgment of the side's shortcomings and where we need to improve would give me more confidence.

Quinton Narkle did OK, but I cannot say the same about the guy sitting on the pine running the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am now dead set anti Coldsack. So a new guy arrives at the Club and the Coaches don't spent any time going through a game plan with him? Coldsack is too laissez-faire an doesn't exude a professional approach.

I think the feeling in our Coaching Panel is the Power are sitting in second spot so why worry about a side show like the Port Magpies? A liitle bit of passion and some acknowledgment of the side's shortcomings and where we need to improve would give me more confidence.

Quinton Narkle did OK, but I cannot say the same about the guy sitting on the pine running the show.
Watching the first 3 quarters at Alberton yesterday I am shocked we actually had a game plan!

Ffs. He didn’t say they didn’t spend any time with him, just that they didn’t get to spend much time with him.

He only arrived Friday morning and still had to set up camp, get inducted, testing etc. when the heck did you expect them to find the time to sit him down for 4-5 hours of match footage to teach him game plan?

Ffs. He didn’t say they didn’t spend any time with him, just that they didn’t get to spend much time with him.

He only arrived Friday morning and still had to set up camp, get inducted, testing etc. when the * did you expect them to find the time to sit him down for 4-5 hours of match footage to teach him game plan?

Yes he did- this is what the Coach said...

“We haven’t spent much, or any time [with him] going through our game plan."

I would have thought a discussion on how he would be used and what the Coach expected of him would not be too much to ask.

Last edited:

I would have thought a discussion on how he would be used and what the Coach expected of him would not be too much to ask.

The guy was the second highest possession getter in the team. What are you actually mad about?

He needs to learn about Port Adelaide before getting a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back