Milne charged with 4 counts of rape

Remove this Banner Ad

Innocent util proven guilty.

FFS Victoria Police are a disgrace, 9 ******* years.

Fair enough, you do the crime you do the time, but what this does to his young family.... jesus.........

If you read the article you will see that there was a review into the evidence and handling of the case by the OPI and they decided to re-open it.

Police confirmed on Tuesday that the extensive review by the Sexual Crimes Squad found that the initial investigation had proved "substantially inadequate".

The review of the original investigation – at the behest of the Office of Police Integrity – followed an inquiry into 2010 allegations made by the detective leading the investigation that he had dropped the charges under pressure from other officers.

A senior officer in the region reportedly had a part-time job with St Kilda at the time.

Former Brighton Senior Detective Scott Gladman had told Channel Nine last year that records of interviews with the players were stolen from his desk and the alleged victim's statement was leaked to the football club.

Slightly different circumstances though.

I was at the pub in Brighton that night, Finbars. Remember seeing most St Kilda players not being able to walk, Kosi getting carried out. I actually spoke to Milne as a mate from cricket new Aussie Jones from Tassie. Seemed hyperactive but was happy to chat. Hopefully the truth prevails and hope he remains innocent until proven guilty.
Oh, so he should be treated favourably because you like him? And what was Lovett then?

Be careful as well

@Victoriapolice Commentary on matters before the courts endanger presumption of innocence having a high potential to interfere with course of justice.

This is disgusting. Almost as bad as what Essendon have done.

Both have not been proven guilty of anything yet, people like you are a disgrace and need to spend a few days educating yourself on how a free society functions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ALLEGATION was that police and, terrifyingly for the AFL, St Kilda club officials, were involved in a conspiracy to get any police investigation dropped.

If this ALLEGATION is proven, then people are doing time for perverting the course of justice.
So this could have ramifications for a lot more people, including police and club officials from the time, than just Milne?

Milne should be stood down immediately. Even if its on full pay, pending the outcome of the criminal charges.

Wow. 9 years. Why so long. I wonder what prompted the review. Lets hope justice is finally served. Whether its for the alleged victim of for for Steven Milne to finally clear his name. There are no winners today.

Not exactly a thing I'm sure St. Kilda would want associated with a team called the "Saints"

The Lovett precedent means that surely Milne is stood down this arvo?

They will claim Lovett was a constant offender, with numerous warnings to change his attitude , where as Milne's is a one off so they'll cut him some slack and let the investigation run it's course, can see it coming a mile off. Would be surprised if he's suspended

Seperate to the question of his guilt or innocence there is the strong indication of a cover up (or at least failure to investiagte/pursue the case) by the cops back then. I remember at the time that there were allegations of footy-loving/Saint supporting cops sabotaging the chances of a prosecution. Re-charging Milne at this late stage appears to vindicate that. Will any cops be charged?

I understand the new rape charges are specifically the result of the internal police investigation into how the original charge came to be shelved.

So, yes, I would expect internal charges for police 'perverting the course of justice'

I've read 2 pages of comments and I'm already disgusted with some of the comments.

Wait until the findings come out before you tarnish either Milne or the young woman's character.

Is it so hard to have a conversation without attacking someone's character when absolutely nothing has been proven yet (on EITHER side).

If the charges are proven to be true then Milne's name will be dirt for the rest of his life, and likewise if they're proven not true the woman's name will thing is no one will remember her. No need to start early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back