Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

PG: Rubio / Jones
SG: Wiggins
SF: Butler
PF: Dieng / Bjelica / Hill (team option)
C: Towns / Patton / Aldrich

Reportedly still trying to trade Rubio. Wing the obvious weak point.

Ok so taking this lineup, they could look to add a veteran point guard or upgrade Rubio completely. They should also look for a veteran stretch 4.

I wonder if they could have enough assets to trade Love back in? Something that Cavs could use to flick for P George maybe? Future picks?

That way they could keep Rubio, sign an experienced back up that is ring chasing and be pretty well set.

So guys I just got the strange bit of news that Wolves signed Jimmy Butler but that's obviously fake news story since no big star in the league would ever be able to got by our club, so I discounted it. Funny story though

A great draft day. Thrilled with the trade, Butler/Towns/Wiggins is a legit core. I hope they keep Rubio.

We'll see on Patton; perhaps Thibs sees a young Joachim Noah?

A couple of FA signings for vets camp/summer league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody able to help me understand the cap situation? As far as I can see we have somewhere in the vicinity of $25M in space, yet need to fill six roster spots. How, then, are guys like Hill/Lowry/Holiday/Millsap being bandied around as possible targets now?

As much as they both looked like good deals at the time, paying Dieng and Aldrich a combined $21M is a bit of a problem.

Anybody able to help me understand the cap situation? As far as I can see we have somewhere in the vicinity of $25M in space, yet need to fill six roster spots. How, then, are guys like Hill/Lowry/Holiday/Millsap being bandied around as possible targets now?

As much as they both looked like good deals at the time, paying Dieng and Aldrich a combined $21M is a bit of a problem.
We got 20m Next season, 40m the year after (Probably 10M because Wiggins will get around 20m) but Rubio comes off books after that as well as Aldrich

Long term, the Dieng contract now becomes pretty average

Lowry will get close to max, He's been on a bargin last couple of years Hill's looking for the Max, Both are out.
Ibaka would of been a great fit, but again, looking for a max

The Answer is throwing 10m 4 years at Patty Mills or going hard at something like Jeremy Lin

Best bet is to wait, George Hill/Lowrey are not going to get 20m+ this off-season, I think the amount of shite contracts floating around and a lack of competitive teams around will cool demand. We just need to throw out some reasonable offers and wait

We got 20m Next season, 40m the year after (Probably 10M because Wiggins will get around 20m) but Rubio comes off books after that as well as Aldrich

Long term, the Dieng contract now becomes pretty average

Lowry will get close to max, He's been on a bargin last couple of years Hill's looking for the Max, Both are out.
Ibaka would of been a great fit, but again, looking for a max

The Answer is throwing 10m 4 years at Patty Mills or going hard at something like Jeremy Lin

Best bet is to wait, George Hill/Lowrey are not going to get 20m+ this off-season, I think the amount of shite contracts floating around and a lack of competitive teams around will cool demand. We just need to throw out some reasonable offers and wait

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota_timberwolves/

This table has Butler in it but isn't entirely correct. Removed Pek's number and add back a portion of Kevin Martin's number as he is still being paid under the stretch provision. The cap will be $99M so around 20M is correct if we don't pick up Hill's option and waive Shabazz Muhammad.

I'd rather not get into spending money on a PG in the heat of the market. We have a competent starter and back up options and frankly we have bigger needs at the wings and PF.

Dubljevic isn't coming over this season.

Exactly. We need a PF who can rebound and defend. Taj Gibson screams this as a short term And some scoring punch off the bench. If we can keep shabazz for 5m im happy if we can land Hardaway JR/Mills for 8-10 cya bazz
With Butler in I'm less worried about a defensive big to be honest; I would prefer somebody who can space the floor. Do like Taj though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back