Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling Mofra just goes on Bigfooty to distract people from what he's REALLY doing on the internet.
Started spending more time on the net right after his romantic interlude with the chick from Noble Park. She sounds like she opened Mofra's eyes to a whole new world.
If she has a much younger sister Jakey and his snakey are interested.

Player #8 - Brett Deledio

Pictured: "What have I f*&king done", in picture form

Brett Deledio played over 200 games for Richmond, and we know this because his long-loyal cheer squad miss-spelled his name on the banner for it:
upload_2017-12-6_12-17-15.jpeg
Pictured: No you idiots, like a Libba night out you need to include two E's

Richmond have been crap for a long time, mostly coinciding with Lids' drafting (and the 20 years before it) so at the end of 2016 he sees a GWS list with more concessions than the Collingwood cheer squad catching public transport and decides to chase success and a longer contract.
GWS, like a trust fund kid, have so many first round draft picks they can piss them up the wall for past-it players if a club will pay some salary so agree to give Richmond a first rounder and a third rounder for Lids. Win/win right?

Well this angered the footy gods so they stepped in to completely 'Richmond' Deledio in the finest way possible.
GWS appeared surprised that a 30 year old with a history of calf injuries missed 2/3s of the home and away series with calf injuries. I'm sure they're drafting a letter to the ACCC as we speak after discovering that 'I can't believe it's not butter' is, in fact, not butter. You suspect that GWS put less thought and care into their trading than your average Donald Trump tweet.

Brett, GWS' marquee signing and supposedly the icing on a very expensive white elephant cake finally makes it onto the field in round 20 to play a game where "he got through" was about the most positive thing you could say.
He bumbled through the rest of the H&A season appearing as a shadow of his former self, keeping a younger, hungrier and more talented (and presumably, a first round draft pick) out of the side. Kicked a few easy goals in wins, averaged about zero contested possessions (because GWS need more outside front-running seagulls, yeah that will help) and generally seemed to be saving himself for finals*

* In the way good catholic girls save themselves for marriage (do not click link with sound on at work)

GWS of course lost their first final against the Crows who gave them their CHB/Co-captain and presumably about $40m in AFL funded 'redistribution'. Lids was about as prominent as Carlton's financial auditing committee during the 90s - playing mostly in attack to finish with donuts on the score sheet.
In a thumping win against West Coast Lids managed - a goal (no tackles) showing that when the going gets easy, the Lids gets going.
Then GWS had to face up to their arch enemy - a prelim.
The stage was set. Their high profile, former pick #1 recruit facing his old side who have a prouder history of choking in the modern era than the hangman from the Nuremberg trials. Surely the Richmond gene will kick in, their former star and multiple B&F winner will playa blinder and, if recent years have taught us anything, he'll probably kick the winning goal after the siren right?

I again refer the bay to the top photo. Zero goals again (1 goal in 3 finals), 5 clangers from 11 disposals, and all the regret of a drunk cousin at a Tigerboyz family function. Lids' career move showed all the timing of Daryll Cullinan trying to sweep Warney on a dusty day 5 pitch and of course Richmond went on to win a deserved flag that had the black and yellow army screaming "yellow and black" loud enough to wake Snow White without the need for sexual misconduct from devious prince (welcome to the modern era).

Pictured: Even GWS' attempted Richmond troll fell flat

What did Lids do? Congratulate his former teammates and offer goodwill towards the Richmond faithful that supported him over the years and effectively paid his huge salary by way of their memberships and support of club sponsors?
Nah he hasn't even watched the Grand Final yet. After all, if it's not all about Brett what's the point right? Revelations he barely spoke to the younger Tigers in his final years at Punt Rd showed Hardwick made the right call but making 2012 Brownlow medalist Trent Cotchin the captain, as long as he can palm off tossing the coin duties. No word on what he actually did but if I had to guess, he was probably off pig-shooting if history is a guide.

Lids, Bretty, you're a couple of years off retirement - might I suggest a move in a careers advisory service would not suit you? Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2017.

Player #8 - Brett Deledio

Pictured: "What have I f*&king done", in picture form

Brett Deledio played over 200 games for Richmond, and we know this because his long-loyal cheer squad miss-spelled his name on the banner for it:
View attachment 442807
Pictured: No you idiots, like a Libba night out you need to include two E's

Richmond have been crap for a long time, mostly coinciding with Lids' drafting (and the 20 years before it) so at the end of 2016 he sees a GWS list with more concessions than the Collingwood cheer squad catching public transport and decides to chase success and a longer contract.
GWS, like a trust fund kid, have so many first round draft picks they can piss them up the wall for past-it players if a club will pay some salary so agree to give Richmond a first rounder and a third rounder for Lids. Win/win right?

Well this angered the footy gods so they stepped in to completely 'Richmond' Deledio in the finest way possible.
GWS appeared surprised that a 30 year old with a history of calf injuries missed 2/3s of the home and away series with calf injuries. I'm sure they're drafting a letter to the ACCC as we speak after discovering that 'I can't believe it's not butter' is, in fact, not butter. You suspect that GWS put less thought and care into their trading than your average Donald Trump tweet.

Brett, GWS' marquee signing and supposedly the icing on a very expensive white elephant cake finally makes it onto the field in round 20 to play a game where "he got through" was about the most positive thing you could say.
He bumbled through the rest of the H&A season appearing as a shadow of his former self, keeping a younger, hungrier and more talented (and presumably, a first round draft pick) out of the side. Kicked a few easy goals in wins, averaged about zero contested possessions (because GWS need more outside front-running seagulls, yeah that will help) and generally seemed to be saving himself for finals*

* In the way good catholic girls save themselves for marriage (do not click link with sound on at work)

GWS of course lost their first final against the Crows who gave them their CHB/Co-captain and presumably about $40m in AFL funded 'redistribution'. Lids was about as prominent as Carlton's financial auditing committee during the 90s - playing mostly in attack to finish with donuts on the score sheet.
In a thumping win against West Coast Lids managed - a goal (no tackles) showing that when the going gets easy, the Lids gets going.
Then GWS had to face up to their arch enemy - a prelim.
The stage was set. Their high profile, former pick #1 recruit facing his old side who have a prouder history of choking in the modern era than the hangman from the Nuremberg trials. Surely the Richmond gene will kick in, their former star and multiple B&F winner will playa blinder and, if recent years have taught us anything, he'll probably kick the winning goal after the siren right?

I again refer the bay to the top photo. Zero goals again (1 goal in 3 finals), 5 clangers from 11 disposals, and all the regret of a drunk cousin at a Tigerboyz family function. Lids' career move showed all the timing of Daryll Cullinan trying to sweep Warney on a dusty day 5 pitch and of course Richmond went on to win a deserved flag that had the black and yellow army screaming "yellow and black" loud enough to wake Snow White without the need for sexual misconduct from devious prince (welcome to the modern era).

Pictured: Even GWS' attempted Richmond troll fell flat

What did Lids do? Congratulate his former teammates and offer goodwill towards the Richmond faithful that supported him over the years and effectively paid his huge salary by way of their memberships and support of club sponsors?
Nah he hasn't even watched the Grand Final yet. After all, if it's not all about Brett what's the point right? Revelations he barely spoke to the younger Tigers in his final years at Punt Rd showed Hardwick made the right call but making 2012 Brownlow medalist Trent Cotchin the captain, as long as he can palm off tossing the coin duties. No word on what he actually did but if I had to guess, he was probably off pig-shooting if history is a guide.

Lids, Bretty, you're a couple of years off retirement - might I suggest a move in a careers advisory service would not suit you? Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2017.

Normally with a resume like this, he would be a lock for pick 1! But then we are blessed this year.... absolutely blessed. Just like those lucky young men in that YouTube video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player #9 - Jake Stringer

Pictured: Jake, his former partner who he cheated on while pregnant, and those are his kids not potential dates in 13 years

Jake Stringer is a former pick 5, AA forward and premiership player. At the end of the season he was kicked out of the Bulldogs who hardly have a forward line and that should tell you something. He was formerly jumper number 9 hence this position was filled months in advance, like a Bay modding gig haha enjoy your vote, sheeple.

Let's take a step back. It's the start of 2017 and Jake Stringer is riding high. He's coming into the season as a member of the reigning premiers (ignoring the fact he was largely carried most of September / October 2016) and managed to complete the pre-season... although he was a back-marker in the time trial again, even behind an 18 year old rookie ruckman according to track watchers.
Jake started the year pretty well, generally going at about 2 goals per game (although he managed only two touches in the first half against Brisbane), missed a couple then had a blinder against the Saints.

Then a bye, and for the second half of the year it all started to turn pear shaped. Jake's attitude, workrate and on field performances sank faster than a frozen Leonardo DiCaprio character after clinging to the side of an improvised flotation device HE COULD HAVE TOTALLY FIT ON THAT DOOR ROSE YOU SELFISH WHORE!!!

Ahem. Excuse me.
Jake started to go missing for longer and longer periods during a game to the point where the coaching staff tried him in more positions than a Czech amateur video (nudge nudge wink wink) with the results largely the same. The same flaws in his game still existed, they were just no longer balanced out by the 2-3 minutes of brilliance he'd show per game. Opponents realized he doesn't apply much pressure (if you're male) and he's pretty easy to rebound from. I know the denizens of the bay are big fans of doing things one-handed but Jake takes it to the extreme by attempting most of his tackles one handed. "Jake's one-handed tackle" is a phrase likely to make Nick Dal Santo slightly more comfortable but was an infuriating facet of Jake's play.

Rumours of his off field behavior became progressively louder as well and even his teammates were publically outing him on instagram for missing physio appointments. Inevitably, a lazy player who doesn't go to physio gets injured which gives him more time to get up to mischief. Of when I say mischief, I mean "Saints fun with the moral compass of Stephen Dank" rather than a quiet night in with friends, Monopoly, and then in a few hours ex-friends.

There was a genuine unease within the Bulldogs playing group as the season wore on, exacerbated by revelations Jake had cheated repeatedly on his pregnant partner with a variety of skanks including a 17 year old schoolgirl and has SFA cash left to him after gambling most of it away.
He still wasn't fit enough to run much through the midfield, was hardly getting the ball, wasn't kicking goals, wouldn't provide defensive pressure, showed all the professionalism of a Fevola Brownlow interview and was about as good a teammate as Edward Scissorhands on an inflatable dingy.

Given he was shown to be lazy, unprofessional, a terrible human, arrogant, coasting through life on minimal effort and offering 'injections' to a variety of 'comely lasses o' virtue questionable' - 16 of the 17 clubs decided he wasn't really worth chasing. I mean, where would someone with such a horrible character fit in, and...

.. of course.

A club recovering from a drug scandal with a chemist for a coach and an ex-coach who attracted a cult-like following despite putting the club into a precarious position in the first place (not to mention that, despite being married, his pants were purely decorative only) was obviously the perfect fit for Jakey and his snakey. At the very least, Essendon once again have a well known rider on their list.

Jake, Stringsy, good luck at your new outer suburban home. I hear Tullamarine is lovely during the summer. Welcome to the Bottom 50.

soo..much...salt..:thumbsu:

thanks for Jake doggies :D:thumbsu:

Er, Am I being lectured to by someone who thinks that whale oil is still a plausible source of fuel?
If it's cheaper than Diesel, giddyup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back