Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you maintain the Bowling Club also?
no, we do all outside of the bowling/tennis courts...oh the tons of oak acorns I had to collect cos an old person with walking frame could trip over them, not fun

meanwhile at the St.Kilda Botanic Gardens, where I am there normally instead of filling in for someone on leave atm, they wisely picked quercus robur, coccinea and palustris which are acornless !!! so there if you plan to plant an oak tree soon.

this is NOT boring

1716713324976.jpeg
I saw a table and 3 chairs prev day...all nice and neat so I thought nah leave them there, if they're nice and civil about it, let them enjoy the gardens...next day got a text it's all trashed...and a chair up there. Took me 10 secs to remove the chair, I would take this tree over any ladder any day, rock solid it was.

Matt Kennedy from Carlton at an Italian Restaurant on Plenty Road with the missus I'm assuming a couple of months back. May have been just before Round 1. Had eye contact as I walked past with the wife but nothing else exciting happened. He ate, I ate etc.

To add to this 2 years ago saw a whole bunch of Carlton boys having morning breakfast the night after a Friday night match at Little Henry's on High St Preston. Can remember Silvagni, Durdin possibly and TDK( Ones that I recognised) at the table next to us on their phones. Pretended like I had no idea who they were as you should.

no, we do all outside of the bowling/tennis courts...oh the tons of oak acorns I had to collect cos an old person with walking frame could trip over them, not fun

meanwhile at the St.Kilda Botanic Gardens, where I am there normally instead of filling in for someone on leave atm, they wisely picked quercus robur, coccinea and palustris which are acornless !!! so there if you plan to plant an oak tree soon.

this is NOT boring

View attachment 2001625
I saw a table and 3 chairs prev day...all nice and neat so I thought nah leave them there, if they're nice and civil about it, let them enjoy the gardens...next day got a text it's all trashed...and a chair up there. Took me 10 secs to remove the chair, I would take this tree over any ladder any day, rock solid it was.
At least the nice gardens in the CoPP are well maintained. Unlike the ones in my borough. Is it a mandate to ignore Port’s gardens or just not enough staff to make it down here?

defo boring cos it's not even AFL

gardener at St.Vincent's Gardens Albert Park...last Thu arvo...cleaning up the garden bed when Craig Bellamy walked by, black shorts with Hostplus logo, Storm top, yakking on the blower.

He ignored me totally, so fine I ignored him totally, kept on gardening...
Was he giving someone a spray on the blower?

Saw Malcolm Blight at Rebel Sport, Marion. He was trying on jumpers, went to the change rooms and couldn't find his wife when came out. She hadn't moved from where he left her.
Also Malcolm was much taller than I expected.
I told my son it was Blighty, my son could not give a rat's toss bag.

Saw Malcolm Blight at Rebel Sport, Marion. He was trying on jumpers, went to the change rooms and couldn't find his wife when came out. She hadn't moved from where he left her.
In Blighty's defence usually your missus has spent $500 and is 3 shops away when you try something on

where abouts? but yeah some days I turn up and thought wow, we're spread thin today !!
Anywhere in Port really. Although “gardens” alongside Station St light rail probably fall under PTV / State I suppose.

Just seems that Albert Park gets all the love. St Kilda gets the second most and poor old Port get the crumbs of what’s left (resource wise)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an encounter as such, but my son's instrumental music tutor is Max Rooke's sister. He's into that Wim Hof stuff, chucking unsuspecting campaigners into ice baths and laughing at their suffering.

His sister tortures me by encouraging my son to learn the recorder

Well played.

Anywhere in Port really. Although “gardens” alongside Station St light rail probably fall under PTV / State I suppose.

Just seems that Albert Park gets all the love. St Kilda gets the second most and poor old Port get the crumbs of what’s left (resource wise)
St. Vincent's Gardens is on Melb's most expensive strip...so gets the love
St.Kilda got the Botanic Gardens, Alma Park, gets the love

Port Melb....now that's where citywide (has contract with the council) depot IS so if anything, traffic treatments should be top notch...I know there are a few nice parks there (Garden City is one) and the beach...perhaps they're all hanging out at the beach !!!

A very hatless Luke Darcy ordering a coffee in the Qantas domestic business lounge about 16 minutes ago.

He looked at me like he knew me.

He does not.

Michael Voss walking on Orchid Ave Gold Coast this morning - wearing a wife beater and shorts - but no hat.

Again he looked at me like he knew who I was.

No Vossy we do not.

Michael Voss walking on Orchid Ave Gold Coast this morning - wearing a wife beater and shorts - but no hat.

Again he looked at me like he knew who I was.

No Vossy we do not.

This has become one of the most interesting side stories here. I'm just waiting to get your reaction when you get an invite to his next BBQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back