Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok but try this

Oliver:
-3× AA
-4× Best and Fairest
-2× AFLCA winner

JDG:
-0× AA
-0× Best and Fairest
-0× AFLCA winner

Nice try though
try this. JDG still playing Oliver - straight sets AGAIN
Ok but try this

Oliver:
-3× AA
-4× Best and Fairest
-2× AFLCA winner

JDG:
-0× AA
-0× Best and Fairest
-0× AFLCA winner

Nice try though
you woulda won if JDG was out there for you on Friday. can't accuse him of bombing it into the forward line like the ranga

try this. JDG still playing Oliver - straight sets AGAIN
Lol that literally proves nothing. You might as well say that JDG is better than Bont if you want to use that kind of logic.
you woulda won if JDG was out there for you on Friday. can't accuse him of bombing it into the forward line like the ranga
I doubt it. JDG was very average against us and had little to do with Collingwood's win. Not to mention that Oliver had several great finals across 2021/22 that were far better than anything that JDG has ever produced.

Lol that literally proves nothing. You might as well say that JDG is better than Bont if you want to use that kind of logic.

I doubt it. JDG was very average against us and had little to do with Collingwood's win. Not to mention that Oliver had several great finals across 2021/22 that were far better than anything that JDG has ever produced.
youre grieving. i'll leave you to it.

Short, Aliir and Daniel are terrible calls.
Aliir is an average at the very best defender. Positionally found wanting often, and very undisciplined. Short is run of the mill half back and not worthy of the praise he gets. Daniel for being "the best kick in the league" is remarkably undamaging.

Aliir is an average at the very best defender. Positionally found wanting often, and very undisciplined. Short is run of the mill half back and not worthy of the praise he gets. Daniel for being "the best kick in the league" is remarkably undamaging.
Short won a bnf in a premiership season off half back, arguably the highest individual honor you can get. Terrible call.

Aliir is a great intercept defender, a role that is as important as ever.

Daniel has been shafted all over the ground by crazy Bevo.

Short won a bnf in a premiership season off half back, arguably the highest individual honor you can get. Terrible call.

Aliir is a great intercept defender, a role that is as important as ever.

Daniel has been shafted all over the ground by crazy Bevo.
Good for Jayden. That was three years ago though. Doesn't hold much weight now. Rioli and Baker are better half backs.
Pretty much every club has good intercept defenders. Aliir is touted as an elite one but his last two seasons have seen him perform well below what is expected of his hype.
Daniel has been shafted because Dale is a better half-back and Daniel's lack of defensive accountability can't be covered, leaving the Bulldogs' defence short.

Good for Jayden. That was three years ago though. Doesn't hold much weight now. Rioli and Baker are better half backs.
Pretty much every club has good intercept defenders. Aliir is touted as an elite one but his last two seasons have seen him perform well below what is expected of his hype.
Daniel has been shafted because Dale is a better half-back and Daniel's lack of defensive accountability can't be covered, leaving the Bulldogs' defence short.
Short was the form half back in the comp last year until Dimma moved him into the middle amd this year he started late due to injury and was shuffled around too. He is better than both Baker and Rioli off half back.

would be a 10 time BnF Winner at your club. will smash all of pendles records
Not really. Pendlebury can hit a target.
Interesting to see Oliver was ranked the 7th worse kick in the AFL in 2023. I believe next year he is aiming to take the mantle of number 1 worst kick from his captain.

No wonder those forwards have no chance….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Pendlebury can hit a target.
Interesting to see Oliver was ranked the 7th worse kick in the AFL in 2023. I believe next year he is aiming to take the mantle of number 1 worst kick from his captain.

No wonder those forwards have no chance….
how many coaches awards has Pendles won? 😀

how many coaches awards has Pendles won? 😀
He won a Norm Smith, AFLCA Best Player, AFLCA Best Young Player, 2x AFLPA Best Captain, 6x AA and will play 400 games.

Oliver will never be captain. Probably will never win a Norm Smith (you know, delivering when it counts), and will continue to close his eyes when he kicks the ball.

But he is great at throwing the ball.

He won a Norm Smith, AFLCA Best Player, AFLCA Best Young Player, 2x AFLPA Best Captain, 6x AA and will play 400 games.

Oliver will never be captain. Probably will never win a Norm Smith (you know, delivering when it counts), and will continue to close his eyes when he kicks the ball.

But he is great at throwing the ball.
Never be captain? You mean like Dusty? AFLCA best young player? Who cares about that.

yeah, even though Oliver won a BnF in a premiership year.

Am I reading this right, people are claiming with some level of seriousness that Oliver is inferior to Jordan de Goey?

Yep. And I was told that I was "grieving" just for highlighting how stupid that view is.

This is BigFooty.
Every view that comes from a general area of reason and logic, even when it clashes with someone making a claim based on 4 quarters of footy in many cases, has to come from some deep seated bitterness about a recent, or distantly passed result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back